- DMC-FX66: This one's a 14.1 megapixel slim camera with an F2.8-5.9 25-125mm (5x zoom) ultra-wide-angle lens (with Power O.I.S lens-shift stabilization). The 720p video capture and 1.06 second start-up time are sweet too, but no AVCHD Lite here. On the back there's a 2.7-inch 230k-dot screen with wide viewing angle. All this is just 5.11 ounces including battery.
- DMC-TS2 (FT2): This camera has a lot in common with the FX66 above -- same sensor, same image stabilization, same scene modes (but with three extra), same focus modes and same screen. The main differences are its AVCHD Lite 720p video format, F3.3-5.9 28-128mm (4.6x) lens and added ruggedness -- waterproof to 10m, shockproof to 2m, freezeproof to 14 degrees Fahrenheit and dustproof. It's of course slightly heavier too -- 6.63 ounces including battery.
- DMC-ZS5 (TZ8) and DMC-ZS7 (TZ10): These two appear to be twins, except the former has a smaller screen (2.7-inch with 230k dots instead of 3-inch with 460k dots) and lacks GPS, AVCHD Lite and mini-HDMI port. Both do 12.1 megapixel pictures and 720p videos, have F3.3-4.9 25-300mm (12x) lens with lens-shift stabilization, and have identical scene and focus modes. With battery these weigh 7.55 ounces and 7.69 ounces respectively.
- DMC-ZR3 (ZX3): Whoa! Another 14.1 megapixel camera which does AVCHD Lite. The specs are almost identical to the TS2 except for the lens (F3.3-5.9 25-200mm 8x ultra-wide-angle) and lack of ruggedness. It weighs 5.61 ounces with battery.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 4
- Type Point and shoot
- Zoom 4.6x (optical)<br />4x (digital)
- Resolution (effective) 14.1 megapixels
- Image stabilization Optical (sensor-shift)
- Memory card SD (SDHC)
- Dimensions 3.9 x 2.48 x 0.94 in
- Weight 6.63 oz
Panasonic LUMIX DMC-FX66
Panasonic LUMIX DMC-ZS7
Panasonic LUMIX DMC-ZS5
Panasonic LUMIX DMC-ZR3