Google is stepping up its world-conquering ways with the announcement of a new animal translation service. Google Translate for Animals (still in Beta, obviously) can turn the mooing and meowing of your furry loved ones into nagging demands for food, grooming and attention that you can actually understand.
Punch in the magical Ctrl, Alt and P-U-M-P code, and Toshiba's TubeTop shows you what it's made of. Yes folks, it's the world's first inflatable laptop, and sadly Toshiba has stolen all the good puns we could make about it. So just enjoy the video and start saving up!
Nokia has today proven the N900's versatility by demonstrating it controlling a full-sized helicopter. You literally will not believe your eyes.
In other breaking news:
- iFixit have an exclusive first teardown of the Apple tablet.
- The full Android 2.5 (Froyo) feature set has been revealed and an alpha-stage ROM is now ready for download.
- An iPhone-to-iPad converter has been unveiled, with a touchscreen magnifying glass allowing you to enjoy a bona fide jumbo iPhone experience without shelling out unnecessary cash.
- Canon, Nikon and Olympus have teamed up on a new venture called App-e-ture -- an app store for your digital camera -- which will "force your digital camera into taking pictures like a pro" and is set to completely obliterate the jumped up cameraphone sector. Finally, we'll all be able to take pictures like Ken Rockwell.
- A UK startup by the name of Rokton has developed the world's first circular image sensor, and not only that, it also has a prototype with interchangeable lens mounts that will allow you to "use virtually every lens ever made for 35mm or smaller formats." What a revolutionary day this is turning out to be.
- A time-traveling mystery man has this morning been arrested by Swiss police. Early reports indicate he had returned from the future in order to sabotage the Large Hadron Collider, prevent the discovery of the Higgs boson particle, and avert a future world he describes as "a communist chocolate hellhole."
Ion Audio iCade