Dell Latitude E431, E5410 and E5510 press shotsSee all photos
NEW COMMERCIAL CLIENT PORTFOLIO FROM DELL OFFERS CUSTOMERS GREATER FLEXIBILITY AND CHOICE
• Business and organizations of all sizes can better drive workforce efficiency with new flexible computing capabilities
• Enhanced portfolio gives customers the flexibility to centralize and control desktop management
• New features on new Dell Latitude E-Family laptops offers better security and mobile collaboration
ROUND ROCK, Texas, May 12, 2010 –As today's workforce becomes increasingly dispersed and mobile and demand for secure instant access shows no signs of abating, Dell today unveiled a series of new solutions and services that enable customers to simplify and control desktop virtualization deployments.
Dell's new Flexible Computing virtualization offerings help customers simplify virtual image management so they have increased application access and performance and heighten IT control to improve security. In addition, the new solutions and services allow for work in flexible environments to encourage a more mobile and productive workforce.
"Today's workforce has become more globally dispersed and highly mobile with the expectation of 24/7 access to critical data and applications," said Steven Lalla, vice president and general manager, Client Product Group, Dell. "We are committed to providing innovative and flexible virtualization solutions that help customers reduce costs, increase security and improve manageability. This approach to flexible computing also has the ability to enable choice and flexibility to help boost productivity within our customers' workforce.
Dell Flexible Computing Solutions
Dell's new portfolio of Flexible Computing solutions and services offers virtual desktops as a managed service and provides granular application and profile options giving customers greater flexibility to centralize and control desktop management while enjoying the uncompromised experience of a full PC. As a result, organizations can now more than ever, maximize workforce management and productivity.
• Dell Managed Virtual Client– Dell's managed service enables customers to spend less time supporting their end users, and focus on more strategic activities through enhanced end user productivity, simplified operations, enhanced security, and improved cost control. Dell's optimized virtual desktop architecture can be deployed in the customer's or Dell's cloud.
• Application and Profile Virtualization: Dell's new application and profile virtualization address customers specific use cases with more granular options than ever before.
• Application virtualization provides new delivery models, either virtualized or streamed, for customers who are looking to reduce the management of application deployment.
• Profile virtualization enables IT to deliver an experience where the user has the ability to change their desktop environment to suit the way they work. It provides the most suitable delivery mechanism for the OS and Applications to be chosen for each user while retaining the flexibility users have become accustomed to with a traditional desktop approach.
• Virtual Remote Desktop: Dell's Virtual Remote Desktop enables users to work with a virtual desktop on a remote server, with the virtualization software emulating a local, desktop-computing experience. Users get access to their own virtual desktop (their data, applications, settings and resource tools) on a remote server. They use local, networked devices to connect to, and work directly on the server where their virtual desktops reside - but they retain the PC productivity experience.
"Having recently standardized on Dell systems, one of our IT department's main goals was to provide students with a rich desktop experience and reduce the amount of staff time spent maintaining hardware and patching systems," said George Thornton, Network Operations Manager, Montgomery ISD. "To support this goal, we have implemented a mix of Dell Latitude laptops and Dell OptiPlex desktops running On-Demand Desktop Streaming and Virtual Remote Desktop. This has resulted in reduced help-desk calls and power consumption, while increasing our ability to manage our infrastructure."
Dell E-Family Latitude Laptops
Dell also today launched new additions to its portfolio of Latitude E-Family laptops, each certified with Citrix and VMware clients.
• Dell Latitude E4310: the ultraportable Dell Latitude E4310 is built for the executive and frequent traveler and combines sleek looks with remarkable durability and advanced wireless connectivity. The 13.3-inch Latitude E4310, available now, starts at $1449 USD.
• Dell Latitude E5410 and E5510: the 13.3-inch and 14.61-inch Dell Latitude E5410 and E5510 professional laptops, respectively, are designed to help simplify IT by reducing cost, deployment time and maintenance with an emphasis on stability, inter-compatibility, global support and business-class control. The new systems, available now, start at $X and $X USD, respectively.
Enhanced features of new Latitude laptops include:
• A new Fast Response Free Fall Sensor and StrikeZone™ shock absorber that can help prevent data loss from drops;
• Latitude ON – Reader & Flash Version for instant access to access to e-mail, calendar, contacts and virtual desktops without booting the system;
• New architecture includes Intel Core i technology, Windows 7 and WiMax;
• Three-year warranty battery for reduced total cost of ownership during laptop life cycle;
• Inter-compatibility across every E-Family system with one dock to 15 laptops and counting and 5 year assurance on dock, adapters and optical drives;
• Advanced Security and Systems Management that offer flexible and secure data protection, asset monitoring and remote management while allowing for fast IT response to business threats;
• Select configurations offer Energy Star and EPEAT certifications.
Dell Latitude 2110: Building on the success of the 2100 at high schools and elementary schools, Dell now offers the 2110 to organizations to help solve a growing need for an affordable secondary computer for training workstations or desktop users. The Latitude 2110 allows easy collaboration, quick connectivity and versatility while at the office or on the road.
Enhanced features of new Latitude netbook include:
• Extended battery life up to 10 hours;
• Collaboration tools, including advanced audio, state-of-the-art microphone and optional webcam;
• Anywhere connectivity options such as WiFi, mobile broadband and WiMax;
# # #
Dell (NASDAQ: DELL) listens to its customers and uses that insight to develop and deliver customized technology solutions to government, healthcare and educational organizations worldwide. Learn more at www.dell.com.