MSI Announces North American Availability of the Thin P600/S6000 Notebooks: Power and Portability for People on the Go
Notebooks Combine Built In Optical Drive with Powerful Performance and Long Battery Life in a Portable 15.6 Inch Form Factor
August 04, 2010 09:03 AM Eastern Daylight Time
CITY OF INDUSTRY, Calif.--(EON: Enhanced Online News)--MSI Computer Corp., a leading manufacturer of computer hardware products and solutions, today announced the North American availability of its thin and light P600 and S6000 notebooks, designed for people who need powerful multimedia, entertainment and business capabilities.
"By providing a lightweight notebook that people can take anywhere, MSI strives to exceed busy people's demands for portability and powerful computing."
Weighing in at 5.3 lbs., the P600 is thinner than most notebooks designed for business use, plus it includes a built in ultra-slim optical drive and an 8-cell battery for extended performance, to deliver a complete package without compromise. At 5.0 lbs., the S6000 shaves weight with a four cell battery, while still serving up all the same specs and the same sleek form factor.
MSI displays its technical prowess by combining its exclusive ECO Engine power saving technology with Intel®'s Core i5 processors on the Calpella platform, and Intel Turbo Boost technology. As a result, the P600 and S6000 notebooks offer 30 percent improved performance, and for the P600, battery life clocks in at up to eight hours, which is 15 percent longer than average for standard notebooks in its class.
Additional features of the P600/S6000 include:
* MSI's own EasyFace software that authenticates users by recognizing unique facial features to help keep sensitive data safe while on the go.
* A multi-touch touchpad, so that users can rotate objects and zoom in and out with the touch of their fingers.
* A suite of advanced audio technologies for the PC including SRS Premium Sound to bring out subtle nuances and rich sounds buried in the music and video content.
* A wide-angle, theater-class 16:9 ratio HD LED display to fully enjoy powerful multimedia and entertainment at your fingertips.
* MSI's own Color Film Print technology, which creates an outer coating that changes colors with shifts in lighting and protects the surface from scratching and day-to-day wear.
"We see the P600 and S6000 notebooks as a perfect option for people across the United States and Canada who use their notebooks for both work and play. They address the need for a high quality product that combines business and pleasure, by being thin and powerful, with added benefits such as the built-in optical drive," said Andy Tung, vice president of sales for MSI North America. "By providing a lightweight notebook that people can take anywhere, MSI strives to exceed busy people's demands for portability and powerful computing."
The P600 will be available online, at sites including Newegg, Amazon, J&R, and the S6000 will be available in stores, including Office Depot, Micro Center, Tigerdirect and La Curacao. For more information, including a complete list of specs, please visit http://www.msimobile.com/level2_productlist.aspx?id=5.