Wi-Fi Access Around the Globe With the Verizon Wireless Fivespot, the First Global Ready Mobile HotSpot
Five Wi-Fi® Connections, Four LED Status Lights, One Ultra Portable Device
BASKING RIDGE, N.J., Oct. 4 /PRNewswire/ -- Be your own 3G Mobile HotSpot whether traveling around the block or around the world with the new Verizon Wireless Fivespot™. Developed by ZTE USA, Inc., the Fivespot™ is the first Global Ready™ 3G Mobile HotSpot. Allowing customers to connect and share their data connection with up to five Wi-Fi®-enabled devices including, netbooks, tablets and gaming devices within the United States and around the globe, the Verizon Wireless Fivespot™ comes with a pre-installed SIM card and provides global data service in more than 200 countries, more than 120 of those with 3G speeds when subscribing to a GlobalAccess plan.
* The Fivespot™ supports:
o CDMA 1xEV-DO Rev. A/Rev. 0: 800/1900 MHz
o WCDMA/HSDPA/HSUPA: 850/1900/2100 MHz
o GSM/GPRS/EDGE: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
* VPN support
* One-click to power on/off
* Instructive LED indicators
* Small, stylish form factor measuring 3.92 x 2.11 x 0.55 inches
* 2.82 ounces
Price and availability:
* The Fivespot™ will be available in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores and online at www.verizonwireless.com on Oct. 7 for $99.99 after a $100 mail-in rebate with a new two-year customer agreement. Customers will receive the rebate in the form of a debit card; upon receipt, customers may use the card as cash anywhere debit cards are accepted.
Mobile Broadband pricing:
* Customers will need to choose from one of the various price plans to connect to Verizon Wireless' Mobile Broadband network, which also gives them access to thousands of Wi-Fi hotspots at no additional charge and allows them to move easily from the nation's most reliable 3G wireless network to those hotspots:
o $39.99 monthly access for 250 MB monthly allowance and $0.10/MB overage
o $59.99 monthly access for 5 GB monthly allowance and $0.05/MB overage
o Prepaid Mobile Broadband plans are also available:
+ $15 for 100 MB (one day of use)
+ $30 for 300 MB (one week of use)
+ $50 for 1 GB (30 days of use)
+ $80 for 5 GB (30 days of use)
* Customers traveling abroad can sign up for one of the following plans:
o $129.99 monthly access (5 GB allowance for the United States and Canada, $0.05/MB overage), 100 MB allowance in select countries ($0.005/KB after allowance)
o $219.99 monthly access (5 GB allowance for the United States and Canada, $0.05/MB overage), 200 MB allowance in select countries ($0.005/KB after allowance)
o GlobalAccess Pay Per Use for occasional use must be purchased with a $59.99 Mobile Broadband service plan in the United States. The Pay Per Use rate is $0.002/KB in Canada, $0.005/KB in Mexico, and $0.02/KB in more than 200 other destinations.
For additional information on Verizon Wireless products and services, visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or go to www.verizonwireless.com.