Kingston Digital Ships Next-Generation Affordable Consumer SSD
- Most Cost-Effective, Performance-Enhancing Upgrade Option for PCs
- New 256GB Capacity Expands SSDNow V Series Family Product Line
- Optimized Controller, Improved NAND Flash Enables Higher Performance
FOUNTAIN VALLEY, Calif., Nov. 8, 2010 /PRNewswire/ -- Kingston Digital, Inc., the Flash memory affiliate of Kingston Technology Company, Inc., the independent leader in memory products, today announced the SSDNow V100, the latest addition to the SSDNow V Series family of solid-state drives (SSD). Designed for mainstream consumers, the Kingston® V100 SSD is the best performance enhancer and most cost-effective upgrade path for desktops and notebooks, short of a total system replacement.
The V100 expands the V Series line with the addition of a 256GB capacity drive. Also available in 64GB and 128GB capacities, the new V100 has Windows® 7 TRIM support and features an optimized controller and advanced NAND Flash technology for increased read and write performance. Consumers looking to extend the life cycle of their current system will notice quicker bootup and application load times as well as a faster overall user experience with the new V100.
"We are determined to stimulate the consumer upgrade market through Kingston's various upgrade bundle kits that provide cloning software and all of the accessories needed to advance one's desktop or notebook PC from a hard-disk drive to an SSD," said Ariel Perez, SSD business manager, Kingston. "Our new SSDNow V100 drives do just that as they represent the best value for an affordable upgrade solution with a low price vs. performance ratio."
The SSDNow V100 drives ship as either a stand-alone unit or as an upgrade bundle kit. The desktop bundle kit includes the SSD, cloning software, cables (SATA data and power), and 3.5″ hard-drive mounting brackets and hardware. The notebook bundle includes the SSD, cloning software and a 2.5″ external enclosure allowing the replaced hard drive to be used as extra storage.
Kingston SSDs are backed by a three-year warranty and 24/7 live technical support. For more information visit www.kingston.com/flash.
Kingston SSDNow V100 Features & Specifications:
* Innovative: 2.5″ form factor; uses NAND Flash memory components
* Interface: SATA 1.5Gb/sec. & 3.0Gb/sec.
* Capacities*: 64GB, 128GB, 256GB
* Sequential Speed**: up to 250MB/sec. read; up to 230MB/sec for 128GB & 256GB, up to 145MB.sec. for 64GB write
* PCMark Vantage HDD Suite Score+
64GB – 19,932
128GB – 20,571
256GB – 19,910
* Silent: runs silent and cool with no moving parts
* Reliable: less likely to fail than a standard hard drive
* Shock-Resistant: no moving mechanical parts so the SSD handles rougher conditions
* Supports S.M.A.R.T.: Self-Monitoring, Analysis and Reporting Technology
* Supports TRIM***: ensures maximum performance on compatible operating systems
* Power Specs: Active 6.4W (TYP) / Sleep 1.0W (TYP)
* Storage Temperatures: -40 degrees C to 85 degrees C
* Operating Temperatures: 0 degrees C to 70 degrees C
* Weight: 114.76g (stand-alone unit); 302.91g (notebook bundle); 328.40g (desktop bundle)
* Vibration Operating: 2.17G (7-800Hz)
* Vibration Non-operating: 20G (10-2000Hz)
* Life Expectancy: 1 million hours MTBF
* Warranty/Support: Three-year warrant with 24/7 support
* Some of the listed capacity on a Flash storage device is used for formatting and other functions and thus is not available for data storage. As such, the actual available capacity for data storage is less than what is listed on the products. For more information, go to Kingston's Flash Memory Guide at kingston.com/flash_memory_guide.
**Speed may vary due to host and device configuration.
*** Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 R2
+ Test system: Intel DG45ID Desktop Motherboard; Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 CPU @ 2.83GHz; System Memory 4GB; On-Board SATA 3Gbps with AHCI-Enabled Window 7 64-bit.