AMD Extends Leadership in Notebook PC Graphics with its Second-Generation of DirectX® 11-capable Mobile Graphics Technology; Delivering the Ultimate in Efficiency and Performance
The AMD Radeon™ HD 6000M series are a top-to-bottom family of DirectX® 11-capable mobile graphics processors designed to deliver exceptional performance in every segment
LAS VEGAS, Nev. (International CES 2010) - Jan. 4, 2011 -AMD (NYSE: AMD) today introduced its next generation mobile graphics technology, the AMD Radeon™ HD 6000M series, delivering AMD's highest performing notebook graphics for those who want to experience games, entertainment, and productivity on the go. Harnessing AMD's second-generation of Microsoft DirectX® 11-capable mobile graphics architecture, the AMD Radeon™ HD 6000M series provides users with:
• Models offering up to 1.3 teraFLOPS of compute power for an unrivaled gaming experience on up to six displays using AMD Eyefinity technology.1
• AMD HD3D technology for the ultimate in stereo 3D entertainment.2
• AMD EyeSpeed technology for improved video and application performance.3
Notebooks featuring the new graphics technology are previewed at the 2011 Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in the Wired: Make a Scene booth, located in the Grand Lobby of the Las Vegas Convention Center.
"One year ago AMD claimed the title of undisputed technology leader in mobile graphics performance and since then we continue to pave the way for mobile computing innovation," said Matt Skynner, corporate vice president and general manager, GPU Division, AMD. "With the introduction of the AMD Radeon™ HD 6000M series, AMD's best just got better by cementing its leadership in notebook graphics. Through our feature-rich line of top-to-bottom next-generation notebook graphics, including AMD's fastest performing notebook graphics processor, we're enabling a superior visual computing experience in virtually every segment."
AMD Radeon HD 6000M series graphics represent powerful support for original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) with existing and upcoming 2011 AMD Mainstream notebook platforms planned to feature true "Eye-Definition" Gaming with DirectX 11 support and AMD Eyefinity technology, plus amazing AMD HD3D Technology-all designed to accelerate mobile performance.
• AMD @ 2011 International Consumer Electronics Show:
• For AMD press meetings please contact Bite Communications at AMDCES@bitecommunications.com
• WIRED: Make a Scene, Brought to Life by AMD: Grand Lobby of the Las Vegas Convention Center
• Facebook: AMD @ 2011 International CES
• Product Page: Second-generation DirectX 11-capable family of AMD Radeon HD 6000M graphics
• Video: Features and Benefits of AMD Radeon HD 6000M Series
• Video: True "Eye-Definition" Gaming with DirectX 11 support and AMD Eyefinity technology
• Blog: AMD graphics blog by Casey Gotcher
• Twitter: Follow AMD graphics news on Twitter at @AMDGraphics
AMD (NYSE: AMD) is a semiconductor design innovator leading the next era of vivid digital experiences with its ground-breaking AMD Fusion Accelerated Processing Units (APU). AMD's graphics and computing technologies power a variety of devices including PCs, game consoles and the powerful computers that drive the Internet and businesses. For more information, visit http://www.amd.com.