Update: While T-Mobile hedges its bets with a "spring" launch, LG says that it'll be hitting US soil in March as one of the first Honeycomb tablets. The honor of being first will almost certainly go to the Motorola Xoom -- Google's in-house "dogfooding" tablet.
LG G-Slate fully detailed by T-Mobile: 3D viewing and recording, available this spring
· T-Mobile USA, Inc. and LG Mobile Phones today unveiled their Android™ 3.0 (Honeycomb)-powered tablet, the T-Mobile® G-Slate™ with Google™ by LG. With a brilliant, HD 8.9-inch 3D-capable multi-touch display, the T-Mobile G-Slate delivers a groundbreaking mobile entertainment experience, including the ability to record 3D and full HD video.
· Expected to be available this spring, the G-Slate is built for speed on America's Largest 4G Network™ and is the first tablet in T-Mobile's pioneering G-series of devices, which began with the world's first Android-powered smartphone just over two years ago. The first 4G tablet from T-Mobile and LG, the G-Slate is powered by Android 3.0 (Honeycomb), the latest version of Google's Android platform, which is optimized for tablets.
· In addition, the G-Slate will be among the first tablets to feature 3D capabilities including built-in support for 3D graphics, enabling consumers to capture and share their own 3D videos and experience 3D HD content right on the device with the aid of 3D glasses.
· The sleek, lightweight G-Slate can easily be held upright in one hand for reading an ebook or magazine, watching streaming TV or browsing the web while on the go. Featuring a rear-facing stereoscopic video recorder with 1080p for HD video capture and a five megapixel camera with LED flash, plus a front-facing two megapixel camera. Customers can video chat with friends and family over T-Mobile's network or Wi-Fi.
· The G-Slate asupports 720p HD on-device video playback and HDMI output to show 1080p content on 3D and HD displays. With a dual core 1 GHz NVIDIA Tegra 2 processor and Adobe® Flash® support, the G-Slate enables quick and seamless browsing of rich web content, multitasking and gaming. The G-Slate will also provide a superior entertainment experience when streaming live TV or downloading music and videos with lightning-fast speed over T-Mobile's 4G network.
· Additionally, the G-Slate includes 32GB of internal memory and features a built-in gyroscope, accelerometer and adaptive lighting for the latest applications and the ultimate gaming experience.