Downloadable fighter Skullgirls will launch in early 2012, Reverge Labs has announced. The key reason for the delay, according to the developer, is that the team is polishing the game's features, based on feedback it received while showing the game off during 2011.
"Some companies call this 'feature creep,' but we call it the extra polish that takes a game from 'good' to 'great,'" noted Peter Bartholow, Designer/Producer/Community Manager at Reverge Labs.
Additions the studio is working on before launch include speeding up the game, adding many new effects, upgrading backgrounds to 3D, incorporating more music from Michiru Yamane, adding button macros for pad playing and "innumerable balance and gameplay tweaks."
- Key specs
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25
Microsoft Xbox One