· Delivers 'Everything & More' in Compact Design: 13-inch Edge-to-Edge Display in Near 11-inch Form Factor
· Offers Superb Craftsmanship and Uncompromising Performance in a Sleek, Lightweight System
· Lightning -fast Boot Time and Resume Enable Seamless, Always-on Connectivity
· Features ProSupport and Configuration Services for Business-friendly Deployments
Tweet This: The hotly anticipated Dell XPS 13 Ultrabook is now available www.dell.com/xps13 #XPS 13
ROUND ROCK, Feb. 28, 2012 – Dell's highly anticipated, award-winning XPS 13 laptop – widely acclaimed for its superb craftsmanship, thoughtful design and durability – is now available for customers in the U.S. and Canada. Dell has seen 'strong demand' for the system ever since it was first announced at the Consumer Electronics Show, and early buzz about the unit – which features uncompromising performance, extended battery life and Intel Rapid Start and Smart Connect Technology[i] – has been overwhelmingly positive: CNET referred to it as the first "Very Important Laptop" of 2012. PC World proclaimed, "It may be the best laptop Dell's made in years" and Details magazine raved about its "sturdy!" design.
"We're seeing strong consumer and business demand for the new XPS 13 – a system that is unlike anything else on the market today," said Michael Tatelman, Dell Vice President and General Manager of Americas Consumer. "The XPS 13 demands attention, crossing the realm between work and play, packing powerful technology into a small, portable package and delivering enterprise-friendly protection and security. It's the ultimate mobile device."
Underscoring its business-ready features, Sam Burd, Vice President of Dell's Consumer, Small and Medium Business product group said, "The uncompromising XPS 13 offers professionals the power to connect, collaborate and innovate with unique features and services – like Dell ProSupport, Trusted Platform Module and Configuration Services – that satisfy the needs of enterprise IT departments."
Weighing less than 3 pounds[ii], the XPS 13 Ultrabook cleverly fits leading-edge craftsmanship, high performance computing, and thoughtful design into what is the one of the most compact 13-inch products in its class. With its stunning razor-thin bezel, the XPS 13 maintains a footprint similar to an 11-inch product and features bonded Corning® Gorilla® Glass for exceptional durability; a unique, cool-to-the-touch carbon fiber base; and full-size, backlit keyboard for utmost productivity.
A CES 2012 standout, the XPS 13 is one of the first systems with Intel® Smart Connect Technology[i], which keeps content consistently updated. A solid state drive and Intel® Rapid Start Technology allow the XPS 13 to boot in seconds providing almost instant access, saving time and battery life.
The XPS 13 comes standard with our Premium Protection Package - America's Best Standard Protection. In addition to the standard Limited Hardware Warranty[iii], our Premium Protection Package includes one year of In-Home Service after Remote Diagnosis[iii], Premium Phone Support, Accidental Damage Service[iv] and one year of theft protection with Computrace LoJack for Laptops Theft Recovery Service[v]. Accidental Damage Service protects against drops and spills and other accidents that may occur. Computrace LoJack for Laptops Theft Recovery Service helps track, locate, lock down and recover a stolen system, and can even remotely delete sensitive data.
Additional business-friendly features for the XPS 13 include:
Dell ProSupport™[vi] is available for Dell business customers and provides end users and IT professionals with various remote and on-site technical support for complex hardware and software needs that include access to ProSupport specialists.
Trusted Platform Module (TPM) offers user and machine security with BitLocker Data Encryption for network-based client computing.
Configuration Services include customizing BIOS settings, loading an image, and applying asset tags prior to shipping, streamlining the process of deploying XPS 13 systems to employees wherever they may be located while ensuring consistency throughout the IT environment.
The XPS 13 is available now in the United States through www.Dell.com, at Dell@ Store locations and in most Best Buys stores nationwide at a starting price of $999 with an Intel Core i5 processor, 128GB SSD hard drive[viii] and 4GB memory[ix]. The XPS 13 will also be available in select geographies around the world in March 2012.
The first 10,000 customers to purchase select XPS 13 devices in the U.S. will receive a free T-Mobile 4G Mobile HotSpot and 90 days of free mobile broadband service at up to 4G speeds on America's Largest 4G Network® with no annual contract at time of purchase[vii]. The T-Mobile 4G HotSpot lets customers stay connected on the go by linking up to five Wi-Fi devices to high speed Internet using America's Largest 4G network.
· Ultrathin laptop (0.24-0.71-inch/6-18mm) and light starting at 2.99lbs[ii]
· 13.3-inh HD WLED, 300-nit (1366x768) 720p; edge-to-edge hardened Gorilla® Glass
· Precision crafted machined aluminum with a carbon fiber base
· 128 GB SSD or 256GB SSD drive options[viii] with Intel Rapid Start Technology
· Intel Core i5 2467M and i7 2637M processor choices
· Intel HD 3000 video graphics
· 4GB DDR3 SDRAM 1333Mhz memory[ix]
· Full size, backlit chiclet keyboard
· Glass integrated button touchpad with multi-gesture support
· 47WHr 6-cell battery offering up to eight hours, 53 minutes of battery lifev; 45W AC adaptor
· Dell ProSupport[vi] for business customers, Dell Configuration Services and Windows Trusted Platform Module options for commercial models
· Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6230 802.11 A/G/N and Bluetooth 3.0 wireless connectivity
· USB 3.0 (1) + USB 2.0 with PowerShare (1), mini DisplayPort, and headset jack (1)
· Built-in 1.3MP webcam (H.264 enabled via Skype) with dual array digital microphones
· High definition audio with Waves MaxxAudio 4
· Microsoft Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium
· 100GB of cloud storage through Dell DataSafe
· 12-month Skype Premium[x] subscription
- Key specs
- Reviews • 7
- Type Ultraportable
- Screen size 13 inches
- Screen resolution 1366 x 768
- Bundled OS Windows (7)
- Processor speed 1.6 GHz
- System RAM 4 GB
- Weight 2.99 lb
- Announced 2012-01-10
Dell XPS 13 (2015)