An expanded suite of products, available across online and mobile platforms, includes live video, game scoring and stats, personal channel lineup features and social media integration
Turner Sports, CBS Sports and the NCAA today announced the availability of NCAA March Madness Live in the Apple App store and Android market [now Google Play]. NCAA March Madness Live, formerly March Madness on Demand, is a suite of live products presented across multiple platforms, including online, iPad, iPhone and iPod touch, and select Android smartphones over Wi-fi and 3G/4G for $3.99. Fans can download NCAA March Madness Live from the Apple App store today, while the Android app will be available by tournament tip-off.
Fans will be able to enjoy live streaming video of every game of the 2012 NCAA Division I Men's Basketball Championship as they are televised by TBS, CBS, TNT and truTV, starting with the NCAA Basketball® Selection Show on Sunday, March 11, and continuing through the Men's Final Four semifinals games and the national championship game from New Orleans on March 31 and April 2.
NCAA March Madness Live will offer higher quality live video streams across platforms; video highlights for every game of the tournament on Android smartphones, including the LG Nitro HD, and iPhones; live game alerts on Android smartphones, iPhones, and iPads; and live radio broadcasts courtesy of Westwood One/Dial Global Radio Network for all 67 games. In addition to the new offerings, NCAA March Madness Live will again provide the same fan-favorite features from last year, including: schedules and live game scoring, live tournament brackets, the official NCAA Bracket Challenge game, My Channels personal channel lineup, live stats, and live social companion views.
Presenting app sponsors of NCAA March Madness Live on iOS are Buick, Capital One and Coke Zero, while AT&T, Infiniti and LG Electronics are the presenting sponsors for the Android app.
To view screenshots of NCAA March Madness Live, click the text below:
NCAA March Madness Live screenshots
NCAA March Madness Live features include:
• My Channels: Using this personalized channel finder, fans can easily find games by plugging in their zip code and selecting their TV provider in order to see their channel lineup for every game on TBS, CBS, TNT and truTV.
• Game Center View: The Game Center view provides fans with a control center at their fingertips for live in-game stats such as player stats, team leaders, scoring streaks, biggest lead and foul trouble, depending on which device they use - along with a graphic lead tracker – live social features, and access to live game radio and video.
• Coke Zero™ NCAA March Madness Social Arena: Extending the conversation beyond the broadcast, Coke Zero NCAA March Madness Social Arena will return as the "social water cooler" for March Madness conversation. New this year, features will be live across the entire NCAA March Madness suite of products and, for the first time, let fans grab key game moments and share them with friends and family from a computer. Additional social features include:
o Social commentary from other fans
o Live tournament trivia
o Chant and cheer features for their favorite teams
Coke Zero NCAA March Madness Social Arena will extend onto Facebook - offering a complete video gallery of all fan-grabbed moments, complete access to special-aggregated Twitter feeds of all 68 teams, a uniquely-visualized bracket view of the loudest fans, and more.
Fans will also have multiple ways- via social media- to be heard, stay informed and engage with rivals or other team enthusiasts:
• On Twitter, fans can follow:
o @marchmadnessTV which serves as the official home of March Madness TV providing game updates, tip-off times, breaking news alerts and channel details from all the game action on TBS, TNT, truTV and CBS.
o @marchmadness which serves as the official NCAA account offering behind-the-scenes access at tournament games and events.
• On Facebook, fans can like:
o NCAA Men's Basketball March Madness – By liking this account, fans can unlock special video content, behind-the-scenes photos and much more.
NCAA March Madness Live is available to purchase from NCAA.com/marchmadness, the Apple App store at www.apple.com/itunes and the Android Market at www.android.com/market.