Despite an unfortunate lack of product introductions, largely due to the recent influx of new models at Photokina, there was plenty of excitement on the floor at Japan's annual CP+ trade show. The promise of new point-and-shoots brought us out to Yokohama, but non-stop manufacturer-sponsored entertainment at the exhibition hall, most often not in any way related to the devices on display, kept us coming back.
At Nikon's booth, Japanese dancers clad in a variety of "urban" dress, remained in constant motion in an effort to demonstrate the autofocus abilities of the company's latest 1 Series cameras. At dozens of other stands, models, often surrounded by groups of attendees, held camera brochures in an array of different poses. And, at Casio, female presenters spoke of the company's "speed revolution" in front of dozens of amateur photographers, each clicking away as if under a looming deadline. All in all, this relatively small exhibition is an experience not to be missed. So, even if you weren't able to visit this year, you can join us inside Pacifico Yokohama in the video after the break.
CP+ 2013 wrap-up
News and hands-ons
- Nikon announces Coolpix AW110 and S31 ruggedized compacts
- Nikon Coolpix AW110 and S31 ruggedized cams hands-on
- Nikon updates Coolpix compact lineup with S9500, S5200 and L28
- Nikon Coolpix S9500, S9400 and S5200 hands-on
- Get your superzoom on with Nikon's Coolpix P520 and L820
- Hands-on with Nikon's Coolpix P520 and L820 superzooms
- Pentax expands ruggedized series with Optio WG-3, WG-10
- Pentax Optio WG-3 and WG-10 hands-on
- Canon debuts PowerShot A2500, ELPH 330 HS, 115 IS compacts
- Canon PowerShot ELPH 330 HS and 115 IS hands-on
- Olympus unveils Stylus XZ-10 with f/1.8-2.7 zoom
- Olympus Stylus XZ-10 hands-on
- Fujifilm launches point-and-shoot, compact and bridge cameras
- We're live from CP+ 2013 in Yokohama, Japan!