Bargain hunting? Good, because Barnes & Noble has just hacked down the price of its Nook HD range in the UK. The 7-inch Nook HD will now set you back just £79 for the 8GB edition and £99 for the 16GB version, while the 9-inch HD+ is now available for £129 (16GB) or £149 (32GB). We're not sure if this is a Touchpad-style fire sale or if the bookseller is prepping for its traditional autumn refresh (albeit with a third-party tablet this time 'round) -- but either way, the Nook is a great piece of hardware for under a ton.
Barnes & Noble Announces Amazing New Low Prices for Award-Winning NOOK® HD and NOOK® HD+ Tablets in the UK
NOOK® HD Tablet Now Available Starting at Just £79, NOOK® HD+ Tablet Now Starts at £129, While Stocks Last
LONDON – September 4, 2013 – NOOK Media LLC, a subsidiary of Barnes & Noble, Inc. (NYSE: BKS), the world's largest bookseller and leading retailer of content, digital media and educational products, today announced amazing new low pricing for the highly acclaimed NOOK HD and NOOK HD+ tablets in the UK. Beginning today, customers can purchase the 7-inch NOOK HD for just £79 (8GB) and £99 (16GB), while the 9-inch NOOK HD+ tablet is available for just £129 (16GB) and £149 (32GB), both online at NOOK.co.uk and at leading retailers across the UK, while stocks last.
These new low prices make NOOK HD and NOOK HD+ the perfect choice for UK families as students head back to school, offering the best in reading and entertainment with access to one of the world's largest digital reading catalogues featuring more than 2.5 million books in the NOOK Store, including more than 1 million free titles. These innovative and family-friendly tablets now come with Google Play, offering the best in apps and games, millions of songs, thousands of films and TV shows and much more.
"As families across the UK prepare for students to go back to school, NOOK has made digital reading even more affordable by lowering prices on the NOOK HD and NOOK HD+ tablets" said Jim Hilt, Managing Director, Barnes & Noble S.à r.l. "We are committed to the cause of literacy and learning in the UK and this new pricing on our highly versatile tablets will bring a world of books, apps, films, music and more to customers at an unbeatable value."
NOOK HD and NOOK HD+ Features
More than 700,000 Android Apps and Games: Customers can choose from more than 700,000 great apps all ready to enjoy right away. The NOOK Store features thousands of high-quality NOOK Apps™ tailored for the devices.
Millions of Songs: The addition of Google Play Music lets customers browse millions of songs, discover new artists and fill NOOK HD and NOOK HD+ with favourite tracks to enjoy anytime.
Favourite Films & TV Shows: Customers can choose from thousands of films and TV shows, including new releases, the latest episodes, award-winning films and past seasons from favourite TV series. They can stream movies and TV shows to watch instantly on NOOK HD and NOOK HD+ or make them available offline to watch later, even when not connected to Wi-Fi.
The Very Best in Reading: The NOOK Store offers more than 2.5 million books, including more than 1 million free titles, as well as thousands of magazines and newspapers in spectacular HD each available for a 14-day free trial. Customers can browse favourite catalogues like never before.
Fast Web Browsing: Customers can enjoy fast start up and page loading and an unlimited number of tabs open at once with the Chrome browser.
Great Google Services: Customers have instant access to Google Search, Gmail, YouTube and Google Maps, now built in to NOOK HD and NOOK HD+. They can sync calendars across multiple devices and check email from any account including Exchange, Yahoo! and Hotmail.
Additional Great Tablet Features Include:
· Stunning HD Displays: Crisp text and beautiful graphics make books and magazines stunning to read and movies a joy to watch.
· Light and Portable: Weighing in at only 11.1 ounces and 18.2 ounces respectively, NOOK HD and NOOK HD+ are light and easy to hold for hours of enjoyment.
· NOOK Profiles™: A personalised experience instantly transforms the device in hand to any family member's very own tablet so only they can see their own content.
· NOOK Channels™: This pioneering recommendation system provides an easy way to discover new titles by theme.
· The ability to sync the last page read on any NOOK Book® across NOOK devices and apps so customers don't lose their place.
· Expandable memory on the devices and free unlimited NOOK Cloud™ storage for all NOOK content.
· Adjustable fonts, spacing and themes for a customised reading experience.
· Powerful dual-core processors and built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth.
NOOK HD and NOOK HD+, along with the critically-acclaimed E Ink Reader NOOK Simple Touch® GlowLight®, are available throughout major UK retailers including Argos, ASDA, Blackwell's, Foyles, Currys and PC World, John Lewis, Sainsbury's and Very, as well as NOOK.co.uk. For more information on any of NOOK's innovative products and devices, including the Free NOOK Reading Apps™ for iOS and Android devices, visit NOOK.co.uk.
- Key specs
- Form factor Tablet
- Operating system Android (Ice Cream Sandwich [4.0])
- Screen size 7 inches
- Storage type Internal storage (8 GB, Flash), Memory card
- Maximum battery life Up to 10.5 hours
- Dimensions 7.65 x 5 x 0.43 in
- Weight 11.1 oz
- Released 2012-11-01
Barnes & Noble nook HD+