There's a good chance you're already well-acquainted with most of the launch titles for the PlayStation 4 by now, but Sony has today made things official and confirmed the complete list of titles that'll be available on day one. That list totals
17 22 retail and download-only games in all (compared to 23 for the Xbox One, ten of which overlap between the two consoles), including five first-party titles, twelve third-party games, and five from indie developers.
Sony does note the list is still subject to change -- we just saw Angry Birds: Star Wars added to both the PS4 and Xbox One launch line-ups yesterday -- but time is obviously fast running out for any major additions. Also, while this is the launch day line-up, Sony has of course announced a number of other games that are set to roll out by the end of the year or early next year, some of which were pushed back from launch due to delays. You can find the complete launch line-up after the break.
Update: It looks like we spoke a bit too soon. Sony has just added a few more titles to the list, boosting the total to 22. UK gamers can also look forward to two additional games not on the North American list: Escape Plan and Flow.
Sony Computer Entertainment Titles
- Killzone Shadow Fall
- Sound Shapes
- Angry Birds Star Wars, Activision
- Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag, Ubisoft
- Call of Duty Ghosts, Activison
- FIFA 14, EA Sports
- Battlefield 4, Electronic Arts
- Just Dance 2014, Ubisoft
- DC Universe Online, Sony Online Entertainment
- Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment
- Lego Marvel Super Heroes, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment
- Madden NFL 25, EA Sports
- NBA 2K14, 2K Sports
- Skylanders Swap Force, Activision
- Contrast, Compulsion Games
- Pinball Arcade, FarSight Studios
- Super Motherload, XGen Studios
- Tiny Brains, Spearhead Games
- Warframe, Digital Extremes