It's officially too late to send a gift basket now, but to celebrate our 2nd anniversary we've been giving you the presents during seven days of giveaways. We did a Slingbox, RAZRwire, mPack P800, Squeezebox, MDA, and a SDA. Some pretty sweet prizes if you ask us (well, maybe not the RAZRwire), but today being our last day, well, we had to blow out the candles just right. So how would you like an Alienware Area-51 3550? We thought so. How do you win it? Bake us a cake! Yes, we're serious.
It's pretty simple. You bake us a gadget-shaped or Engadget-themed cake, send us a picture (or pictures), and the winner (as judged by the editors of Engadget) picks up an Alienware Area-51 3550, courtesy of Intel and Alienware. Here are the specs:
- Space Black chasis
- Intel dual core 940 CPU
- 2GB dual-channel RAM
- 500GB hard drive
- 256MB GeForce 6800GS video
- Dual NTSC Tuners
- Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi 7.1 surround
- 16x Dual Layer DVD burner
- 10-in-1 card reader
A few things:
- No photoshops. Seriously, we shouldn't have to explain this one. Take lots of pictures -- be able to prove it's your cake, and that it's real!
- Contests are open to anyone, anywhere. Unless you work for Engadget or Weblogs, Inc.
Enter by dropping your pictures
of your cake in comments, or email your pictures in to engadget (at) gmail (dot) com, subject "Birthday cake"
- Yes, even professional bakers are allowed to enter, so let's see some
creativity! Best cake (as judged by Engadget) wins!
- Monitor, keyboard, mouse, and other peripherals will not be included.
- Please give Alienware a four week turnaround time to build your new Area-51 3550.
- You've got until 11:59PM EST Monday the 13th to enter your cake.
P.S. If you want to mail us the cake when you're done, please ensure it's poison and razor-blade free first, ok? Thanks!
Yesterday's winner: Jason! Congratulations, Jason!