Last week we saw the .hack franchise dominating the Japanese charts, but it's all change this week as newcomer New Super Mario Bros. flattens all competition. Just shy of 900,000 sales, it's exceeded the sales of the rest of the top ten combined -- and probably the rest of the top forty.
1. New Super Mario Bros. [DS]
2. Brain Age 2 (Kahashima Ryuuta Kyouju Kanshuu: Motto Nouo Kitaeru Otona DS) [DS]
3. Brain Age: Train your Brain in Minutes a Day (Kahashima Ryuuta Kyouju no Nouo Kitaeru Otona DS Training) [DS]
4. Dragon Quest & Final Fantasy in Itadaki Street Portable [PSP]
5. Tetris DS [DS]
6. KimiKiss [PS2]
7. World Soccer Winning Eleven 10 [PS2]
8. Eigo ga Nigate na Otona no DS Training: Eigo Duke [DS]
9. Animal Crossing: Wild World [DS]
10. Jikkyou Powerful Major League [PS2]
Japanese sales charts, May 22-28: New Super Mario dominates
All products recommended by Engadget are selected by our editorial team, independent of our parent company. Some of our stories include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, we may earn an affiliate commission.