Isn't it great when the king of the hill is dethroned? Well, if you agree, then you may be happy to know Sega has done what Sony hasn't been able to by outselling all Nintendo games with its new online RPG Phantasy Star Universe.
1. Phantasy Star Universe (PS2) - 120,202 / *NEW
2. New Super Mario Bros. - (DS) 72,763 (2,974,027
3. Brain Age 2 - (DS) 46,662 / 3,119,857
4. Final Fantasy III - (DS) 45,949 / 549,001
5. Tingle RPG - (DS) 45,496 / *NEW
6. Cooking Navi - (DS) 35,689 / 419,733
7. Mario Hoops 3 on 3 - (DS) 34,001 / 267,763
8. Animal Crossing: Wild World - (DS) 32,605 / 3,181,735
9. Rythm Tengoku - (DS) 28,361 / 123,432
10. Tamagotchi Connection: Corner Shop 2 - (DS) 27,540 / 458,474
Aside from PSU, there has been some shuffling of Nintendo DS titles, but there are still no PSP games that have made it in the top 10 for the second week straight. Hopefully, this isn't a trend that continues, but it's always nice to see my beloved Sega doing something right every once and awhile.
(Via Games Are Fun)
Japanese software sales chart - Aug. 28 - Sept. 3, Sega does what Sony can't
All products recommended by Engadget are selected by our editorial team, independent of our parent company. Some of our stories include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, we may earn an affiliate commission.