Good boys and girls don't leave their Xbox 360s on the stove

Ryan Block
R. Block|10.08.07

Sponsored Links

Ryan Block
October 8th, 2007
In this article: microsoft, xbox, xbox 360, Xbox360
Good boys and girls don't leave their Xbox 360s on the stove

As reader Ty claims, apparently the above Xbox 360 melting occurred when he and his pals, setting up to conduct a furious Halo 3 LAN match, ran out of space enough for an Xbox everywhere in the house except on the kitchen stove. Someone turns the range on and presto change-o: grilled Xbox. Ok, the story doesn't quite add up, but there's no denying the box is melted. And that leaves us preoccupied with wrapping our heads deciding what's more mind-blowingly ironic: that the melted console's owner cared enough about heat that he kitted his Xbox with a 3rd party cooling device, or that despite it all, this particular ring of death apparently didn't even brick the thing.

P.S. -Additional gooey meltiness after the break.

[Thanks, Ty]



All products recommended by Engadget are selected by our editorial team, independent of our parent company. Some of our stories include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Popular on Engadget