We're still talking about a submicronic fraction of US sales, but Orange is happily touting that it hawked over 70,000 iPhones in their first month since launch, a figure that lies squarely in the middle of the 50,000 to 100,000 it had hoped to sell in that period. Perhaps more interestingly, 48 percent of those sales went to Orange customers, implying that the other 52 percent sold were unlocked -- the only carrier-direct unlocked iPhone model currently being sold anywhere. Question is, what's going to happen to all these numbers once the 3G action goes down?
[Via Mac Rumors]
First month yields 70,000 iPhone sales for a happy Orange
Chris Ziegler|January 4, 2008 6:50 PM