Linden Lab has released the third 1.20 Second Life release candidate viewer. Release candidates start counting from zero, so the first one in the series is RC0.
This release candidate fixes the instant crash for most Linux users, but it is still very crashy for all platforms if the graphic settings are turned up. Likewise a crash bug has been fixed that was specific to German, Korean and Japanese viewers.
We're not noticing skirts vanishing so frequently in this version (hooray!), but this still feels more like an early beta-candidate than a release candidate. Unless you're feeling particularly adventurous, you might want to give this series of release-candidates a miss for the time being.
- Color changes to improve text contrast in title bar, scroll bar and menu highlight
- Updated disabled button art
- Updated login/teleport progress screen art and colors
- Set the top-level 'opaque' parameter to false in menu_viewer.xml
- Fixed: VWR-3822: ATI crashes on startup when in 16 bit color mode
- Partial Fix: VWR-5080: Dazzle: certain color combinations hard on visually impaired (and the not-visually-impaired)
- Fixed: VWR-6232: Tap-Tap-Hold Running should be an 'Advanced' character preference
- Fixed: VWR-6251: Snapshots no longer able to capture the full screen.
- Fixed: VWR-6265: Various communications preferences arent[sic] saved
- Fixed: VWR-6298: Some RC settings don't persist properly when settings.xml is present
- Fixed: VWR-6430: Comment area of "Debug Settings" floater (dialog box) is aligned badly
- Fixed: VWR-6576: panel_speaker_controls.xml broken for german, korean, japanese viewers
- Fixed: 2 missing node names in mime_types.xml
- New art for progress bars
- Fixed: Disabled buttons are darker than normal
- Fixed: Better distinguish button-depressed from disabled state
- Fixed: Age Verified Account cannot access plots blocked for age verification
- Fixed: Voice can become totally disabled aftrer[sic] using multiple viewers
- Fixed: Korean files floater_buy_object.xml and panel_voice_enable.xml have a leading CRLF before XML declaration
- Fixed: Lag Meter help and close buttons hidden offscreen
- Fixed: can not take hi-res snapshot with size bigger than 4k by 4k.
- Fixed: Eliminate unused xml files in skins\xui\en-us and language folders
Release candidate viewers access your live account on the main Second Life grid (Agni). Potentially they may cause hair-loss in pets, and should be always be kept out of reach of children. The downloads are served by Amazon's S3 service and we use and recommend the use of a download manager to keep your download times to a minimum.
You can download this viewer from the usual place. The download for Windows is 34MB, Mac OSX is 72MB, and Linux is 55MB.