Linden Lab has released the fifth 1.20 Second Life release candidate viewer. Release candidates start counting from zero, so the first one in the series is RC0.
This is a rush-release, as you might notice that the previous RC3 was released only yesterday (Wednesday). Apparently attempting to enter the appearance editor caused an instant crash. Oops. So much for QA.
There isn't a lot else new to speak of in this viewer, except a known issue with terrain textures on MacBook Air notebooks, and that llLoadURL opens in the external web-browser by default, instead of the internal web-browser.
- VWR-6286: changed the method LLControlGroup::loadFromFile to only load values of settings that are persistent
- VWR-6792: Instant Crash on Editing Appearance
- Fixed: Crash in LLFloaterIMPanel when starting conference
- Fixed: Crash on LLVOVolume::sculpt - newview/llvovolume.cpp
- llLoadURL now opens web pages in external browser by default
- On MacBook Air notebooks, only the High Terrain Texture ground texture displays. The other 3 Terrain Textures in the Region/Estate dialog's Ground Textures tab do not display.
Release candidate viewers access your live account on the main Second Life grid (Agni). Potentially they may cause hair-loss in pets, and should be always be kept out of reach of children. The downloads are served by Amazon's S3 service and we use and recommend the use of a download manager to keep your download times to a minimum.
You can download this viewer from the usual place. The download for Windows is 34MB, Mac OSX is 72MB, and Linux is 55MB.