Earlier this week, EverQuest 2
crafting designer Domino
laid out a fantastic 'state of the tradeskills' document
on the official forums. The lengthy post delves into crafting changes going all the way back to Game Update 36
, just after Neriak and the Arasai were added to the game. Some of those old notes will definitely bring back fond memories - and some interesting links as well! Domino linked to, for example, an interview with Gnobrin about Neriak house items
, a Rise of Kunark faction guide for crafters
, and of course her developer diaries from the days of Kunark's testing
Domino also offers up EQ2
players an advance look of what's coming for crafters in GU 45
, and out into the future. We've already discussed crafting changes in the next patch
, so what's out beyond that?
- The addition of imbues to lower level armor sets. Most lower level sets are currently not able to be imbued.
- The addition of 'missing' equipment to lower levels, filling holes in crafter's repetoires.
- Revisiting mastercrafted jewelry, and hex doll stats.
- Revisting cloth and leather crafted armor appearances.
- And, of course, more quests!
- From the maybe list: big changes to adornments - if time permits.
Make sure to check out the full post to enjoy this great retrospective.