Linden Lab has released the eleventh 1.20 Second Life release candidate viewer. Release candidates start counting from zero, so the first one in the series is RC0.
Linden Lab says that it is aiming for 1.20 to go live by the end of June, which suggests only two more release-candidate iterations -- so what you're seeing is very close to what the official viewer will be in a couple of weeks. Release notes are not included in the installer. This version apparently fixes the crash-on-startup with the Mac PPC, and fixes some of the snapshot problems: The UI is no longer silently included in the snapshot when written to disk, but the black bar (and occasional random pixel garbage) down the left-hand side is still there.
The thread-watchdog has been disabled for the rest of this series of RCs, the first-login-fails-with-Vista also appears to have been corrected, and pixel-garbage around avatar imposters has been fixed. There are an additional six crash fixes.
Fixes in this release:
- Watchdog is disabled in settings for final Release Candidates
- VWR-7315: "TEXTURE_DEFAULT" is a bad constant name (See above - this now refers to Plywood texture)
- Fixed: VWR-1715: Macintosh: cyclic short-term freezing of display, getting worse over time: does not respond to commands, eventually change of POV attempt crashes app
- Fixed: VWR-7069: Can't login to v1.20 RC until the second try (Openssl hangs on first https request)
- Fixed: VWR-7261: pixellation static/rectangle seen nearby avatar imposters
- Fixed: VWR-7338: New Texture Constant "TEXTURE_TRANSPARENT" is NOT transparent!
- Possible Fix: VWR-7400 Mac PPC 1.20.8: Unable to connect
- Fixed: VWR-7612: PowerPC Mac unexpectedly quits when SL runs
- Fixed: crash on LLSpeakerMgr::findSpeaker
- Fixed: crash on LLAudioData - llaudio/audioengine.cpp
- Fixed: crash on LLGroupNotifyBox::moveToBack
- Fixed: crash on LLPieMenu::show
- Fixed: crash on LLFloaterWorldMap::buildLandmarkIDLists
- Fixed: crash on LLDrawable::destroy
- Fixed: Automatic linux font selection doesn't override legacy data in config file
- Fixed: viewer sends no grid choice to the web server
- Fixed: Any change to preferences "restores" the viewer window size
- Partial Fix: Repair truncated text in 1.20 localizations
Release candidate viewers access your live account on the main Second Life grid (Agni). Potentially they may cause hair-loss in pets, and should be always be kept out of reach of children. The downloads are served by Amazon's S3 service and we use and recommend the use of a download manager to keep your download times to a minimum.
You can download this viewer from the usual place for Windows, Mac and Linux.