Remember that haaauuuuge list of Japan's 500 highest-selling games of 2007? Well, sorry, but you'll have to forget them all. Yep, every last one of 'em. That's because we now have a new list which is also claiming to feature the 500 best-selling games of 2007 in Japan. This one has been compiled by Enterbrain (the original was from rival data-gatherers Media Create), and it's ever so slightly different.
The good news is that, despite the origins of each list being different, the overriding message is still the same, and that message is: DS rules all yaaay. Both lists agree that Wii Sports was top dog, but the top DS games have been jumbled about. Now, for example, it is the Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Explorers games that are top of the DS pile, while Mario Party DS drops to second. The changes are subtle, but definitely exist. Hit the break to see the top ten DS games!
1. Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Darkness/Time - 1256516 units sold (4)
2. Mario Party DS - 1232644 (5)
3. New Super Mario Bros. - 1176939 (6)
4. Pokémon Diamond/Pearl - 1094389 (7)
5. Dragon Quest IV - 1052827 (9)
6. Brain Age 2: More Training in Minutes a Day - 1033933 (10)
7. Mario Kart DS - 910771 (11)
8. Yoshi's Island DS - 896814 (12)
9. Animal Crossing: Wild World - 858501 (13)
10. The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass - 839395 (15)
Note: numbers in brackets denote overall chart position.
Another exhaustive list of Japan's best-sellers of 2007
In this article: 2007, animal-crossing, brain-training, dqiv, dragon-quest-iv, explorers-of-darkness, explorers-of-time, famitsu, Game-Freak, japan, list, mario-kart, mario-party, New-Super-Mario-Bros-DS, Nintendo, phantom-hourglass, Platform, Pokemon, Pokemon-Diamond, Pokemon-Pearl, RPG, The-Pokemon-Company, yoshis-island, zelda
All products recommended by Engadget are selected by our editorial team, independent of our parent company. Some of our stories include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, we may earn an affiliate commission.