LG Display Unveils Latest, Cutting-Edge Flat Panel Displays at CES 2009
The World's First 480Hz LCD Panel, Digital Photo TV and Sunlight Illuminated LCD Among Demonstration Highlights
SEOUL, Korea--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- LG Display Co., Ltd. (NYSE: LPL, KRX: 034220), a leading innovator of thin-film transistor liquid crystal display (TFT-LCD) technology, announced today that it will showcase its latest, cutting-edge display technologies at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) 2009 in Las Vegas. Specifically, the company will highlight its full suite of flat panel displays for TVs, notebooks, desktop monitors, mobile and other applications during the show.
"LG Display unveils its latest FPDs advancements and technologies every year at CES-serving as a precursor of the types of display centric consumer electronic devices yet to come. For our exhibit this year, we have mainly focused on products for commercialization and will approach customers and markets with differentiated product that offer both value-add and convenience." Mr. Eddie Yeo, LG Display's Executive Vice President and Head of TV Business Unit, noted.
Some of LG Display's hottest CES demonstrations include:
The World's First 480Hz LCD Panel for TVs
The company will demonstrate its 480Hz LCD panel for TVs, which features impressive 4ms Motion Picture Response Time (MPRT)-accelerating the advent of ultra-high speed images, without sacrificing picture quality.
Sunlight Illuminated LCD for Notebooks
LG Display's 14.1-inch LCD panel for notebook PCs is illuminated by sunlight instead of the backlight unit when used outdoors-reducing power consumption by an impressive 75%.
LCD TV that Also Serves as a Digital Photo Frame
Dubbed the 'Digital Photo TV', LG Display's 47-inch LCD TV panel makes it possible for a TV to serve as a digital photo frame when the TV is not in use.
Additional LG Display Product Demonstration Highlights Include:
Green Technology Zone
LG Display will show its eco-friendly products that consume less power and require dramatically fewer components, while delivering high-resolution images and crisp, picture quality. Demonstration highlights include:
- World's Lowest Power 32-inch LCD TV Panel, in which energy use is slashed by 56% compared to conventional LCD panels as a result of LG Display's White Plus technology. This new technology enhances display brightness by adding a white pixel to the RGB pixel, as well as its Optimal Power Control (OPC) technology
- World's Greenest 47-inch LCD TV Panel, free of arsenic and halogen in mechanical parts and PCBs, substances which are currently not regulated by RoHS standards
- 7-inch LCD With Reduced Driver-ICs, boasting a reduced number of driver-ICs from the usual five to one
Motion Picture Response Time Technology Zone
LG Display will also demonstrate an impressive line-up of LCDs with a low motion picture response time that removes motion blurring which, in turn, enables a natural picture quality that is less tiring on the eyes.
- 47-inch 240Hz LCD, which refreshes at an impressive rate of 240 frames per second
- IPS Panels that require fewer components when combined with the company's high refresh rate technology
- 27-inch 120Hz LCD monitor panel that enables users to enjoy viewing of high-speed images not only on TVs, but also on Personal Computers
Distinguished Product Zone
The company will also show a wide range of LCD products featuring various shapes, sizes and functions that allow for a unique line-up of display designs and concepts.
- World's slimmest modular-type 47-inch LED-backlit LCD TV panel, measuring in at an impressive 8.9mm thickness
- 1.4-inch, donut-shaped LCD-breaking the barriers of traditional rectangular LCDs for applications such as watches, cell phones and other mobile applications.
- 14.1-inch privacy protection LCD for notebook PC, featuring easy viewing angle adjustments within the touch of a single button
- 15-inch backlight-less reflective LCD for notebook PC that enables dual-sided capabilities
- Mirror-type LCDs (3.5- and 8.4- inch sizes) for digital photo frames or home décor
AMOLED & Other Next-Generation Display Technology Zone
LG Display will unveil its AMOLED panels and other next-generation displays in the years to come.
- 2.4- and 3-inch AMOLEDs for mobile applications
- 15-inch OLEDs for notebook PC and TV
- Multi-touch LCDs for notebook PC, smart phone and portable navigation device capable of simultaneous recognition within two separate touches
- 42-inch 3D Display that provides a variety of different views of images based on real-life viewing angles
LG Display will showcase its newest cutting-edge display technologies featuring improved motion picture response time (MPRT), eco-friendly displays and more in a private room at the Bellagio Hotel during the upcoming Consumer Electronics Show (CES) 2009.