A Michigan woman nearly killed her dog when she accidentally struck it in the temple with a Wii Remote. Kathy White was playing Wii Sports'
bowling with her daughter when she made the motion to roll her virtual ball and, as she puts it, hit the dog and "killed him instantly." The dog, Ozzy, was not moving or breathing. She called her neighbor -- who we're guessing must have some veterinary training -- and she revived the dog using mouth-to-mouth resuscitation.
Ozzy was then taken to the real
vet, who diagnosed the dog with "severe brain swelling" due to cardiac arrest. We've heard of Wiinjuries
before (both possibly real
), but this is the first instance of potential "caninicide" we're aware of. Check out a television news report regarding the incident after the break.
[Via Nintendo Wii Fanboy