Look we're all guilty of generating a little fridge-fuzz now and again. A practice that's disgusting at home turns downright antisocial at the office. Or near-fatal if you work at AT&T's San Jose office where a dirty fridge sent 7 people to the hospital yesterday. The incident started when an office refrigerator was found unplugged and stuffed with moldy food. While cleaning the fridge, the combination of chemical solvents with neatly labeled cups of rotting yoghurt and pork-roast parfaits created a cloud of toxic fumes that prompted a 911 call and the dispatch of a hazmat team. 28 people in total were treated for nausea and vomiting. AT&T: More SARS in more places.
All products recommended by Engadget are selected by our editorial team, independent of our parent company. Some of our stories include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, we may earn an affiliate commission.