Reader Matthias C. wrote in with a special request to see this item here, so here you go.
Name: Zod's Repeating Longbow (Wowhead, Thottbot, Armory)
Type: Epic Bow
Damage/Speed: 541-887 / 2.80 (255 DPS)
- +34 Agility, +51 Stamina
- On equip: Your ranged attacks have a 4% chance to cause you to instantly attack with this weapon for 50% weapon damage. This one's interesting -- the tooltip actually says the chance to hit. It's not the first time that's happened, but plenty of tooltips will say "a chance of" proccing rather than mentioning the actual percentage.
- It's also cool because it's an interesting proc in general -- every once in a while, you'll just see some extra damage pop up. According to the Wowhead comments, the proc does add your ammo damage, ranged attack power, and so on, and it will crit occasionally. And there seems to be either no or a very small internal cooldown -- the proc might happen back to back, depending on your chances.
- The eyes glow, as you can see above, and when the bow moves, they leave kind of a glowy trail.
- And of course, the name as well as the "Kneel before him." flavor text on the item points to the Superman villian General Zod, as seen in Superman II and pretty much all of the other places Superman has appeared. Unfortunately, even for a guy who's spent a lot of time in the Phantom Zone, Zod has fallen on pretty hard times lately. He's reduced to showing up in people's weddings.
- Not to be confused at all with General Zog.
Unfortunately, there's nothing in the bow that will make other people kneel in front of you. But that shouldn't stop you from running around Dalaran yelling at people to "Kneel before Zod!" In fact, who needs the bow? Just go yell!
Getting Rid of It: Sells back to vendors for 18g 25s 14c, but it's a nice bow, you probably won't do that for a while. And of course it disenchants into an Abyss Crystal. Is it weird to anyone else that this whole expansion, we've never gotten anything but Abyss Crystals from epics? Sure, that's been the pattern over the last few endgames, but we're dealing with almost 50 item levels of gear higher than when we started endgame. At least Cataclysm should offer some new d/e mats.