Happy Tuesday morning, everyone. The big news of the moment actually started up last night: The next phase of the pre-Cataclysm world event has begun. This means we're ever closer to patch 4.0.3 and the release of Cataclysm. It feels like we've really cleared a hurdle here, so better get that old content done while you can.
Of course, there's plenty of other news to sift through. We have few articles left from BlizzCon, for example. Also in awesome news is that The Shattering now has a much-deserved slot on the New York Times best-seller list. Downtime for maintenance consists only of a quick set of rolling restarts at 5 a.m., but it can't hurt to take a break and do some reading, right? We have our usual roundup after the break.
BlizzCon news and features
- WoW Insider had a chance to tear into one of Cryptozoic's new WoW TCG Icecrown Epic collections, and we took some video.
- Check out our impressions of BlizzChat, the new live chat premiered at BlizzCon 2010.
- Steelseries showed off its latest gaming peripherals to our floor crew, as did Razer.
- J!nx showed off some of their latest WoW fashions, including the murloc hoodie.
- Check out our analysis of some of the highlights of the BlizzCon 2010 quests and lore panel.
- Virtual ticket holders still have a shot at BlizzCon merchandise. However, pre-sale participants will need to wait a bit longer for their gear.
- Is Deathy getting you down? Have no fear, he'll be fixed in patch 4.0.3.
- Falstad's back, and he's brought along a friend.
- The Cataclysm digital pre-order is now available from Blizzard. Even if you aren't pre-ordering from Blizzard, though, you can still pre-load the game.
- The worgen's Running Wild ability now has animation on the beta servers. In addition, female worgen can now dance. Also, you can actually play female worgen on the beta now.
- Remember how we saw Arthas everywhere in Northrend? Deathwing's going to be the same, yet also completely different.
- Blue poster Valnoth recently clarified raid loot progression.
- Missing those outdoor bosses? They're back in Cataclysm, after a fashion.
- Blizzard's rolling out a new community site soon.
- Check out our look at the new Loch Modan.
- The dev team has announced some new tanking cooldown changes (in two parts) coming with Cataclysm.
- Raid Rx looks at yet more beta healing changes.
- Lichborne answers a selection of your patch 4.0.1 death knight questions.
- Totem Talk takes a look at restoration PvP in patch 4.0.1 and gets mad about enhancement.
- The Light And How To Swing It rounds up BlizzCon paladin info and looks at holy paladin throughput.
- Spiritual Guidance looks at BlizzCon 2010 from a shadow priest's perspective.
- Encrypted Text has rogue news from BlizzCon.
- Hunters got some love in the latest beta build.
- The Art of War(craft) looks at must-have PvP talents for hunters.
- Scattered Shots takes a look at signature hunter shots.
- The Care And Feeding of Warriors looks at fury in patch 4.0.1.
- Shifting Perspectives looks at the latest balance spell redesigns in the beta.
- Arcane Brilliance looks at patch 4.0.1 stat weights and gemming for mages.
- WoW Rookie helps you track down game information.
- Blood Sport reminds you that not all the good PvPers are gladiators.
- Some PvP battlegroups are already undergoing a partial merger in anticipation of the Cataclysm changes.
- Gold Capped discusses the zen of giving away auctioneering secrets.
- Addon Spotlight looks at some of the base UI improvements that came with patch 4.0.1.
- A traveling dad and his son keep in touch with WoW.
- Check out the latest installment of WoW Insider's weekly webcomic, Safe Passage.
- The Lawbringer takes a look back at some of 2010's biggest WoW misdeeds.
World of Warcraft: Cataclysm will destroy Azeroth as we know it; nothing will be the same! In WoW Insider's Guide to Cataclysm, you can find out everything you need to know about WoW's third expansion (available Dec. 7, 2010), from brand new races to revamped quests and zones. Visit our Cataclysm news category for the most recent posts having to do with the Cataclysm expansion.