T-Mobile webConnect Rocket USB Laptop Stick
When surfing the Web, downloading large files or watching video from a laptop on the go, customers in HSPA+ coverage areas will benefit from lightning-fast mobile broadband with a home broadband-like experience. Compatible with PC and Mac, customers simply plug the webConnect Rocket into their laptop and the built-in T-Mobile webConnect Manager software installs and automatically finds the best available Internet connection. Additionally, T-Mobile webConnect Manager enables customers to monitor how much data is being used and avoid overages.
Starting March 14, customers can purchase the T-Mobile webConnect Rocket USB Laptop Stick for $99.99 (plus taxes and fees), with a 2-year contract and Even More webConnect data plan at select T-Mobile retail stores in Philadelphia, online at http://www.T-Mobile.com or by calling 1-800-T-Mobile.
T-Mobile webConnect Service Plans
T-Mobile is bringing its suite of Even More and Even More Plus plans offering both annual contract and no annual contract options to our family of webConnect products. The new pricing plans include:
· Even More webConnect data plan (two year contract):
· $59.99/mo. for 5GB per month ($0.20/MB overage)
· $29.99/mo. for 200MB per month ($0.20/MB overage)
· Even More Plus webConnect data plan (no annual contract):
· $49.99/mo. for 5GB per month ($0.20/MB overage)
· $19.99/mo. for 200MB per month ($0.20/MB overage)
Unlimited nationwide T-Mobile HotSpot access is included in both plans and doesn't count toward monthly data usage.
T-Mobile 3G Network
Today T-Mobile's 3G high-speed data network is available in more than 273 U.S. cities covering more than 206 million people. HSPA 7.2 is now enabled across our entire 3G nationwide network and we're working to put the necessary backhaul in place to support these faster speeds.
While other carriers are waiting to deploy LTE, T-Mobile is the only national U.S. carrier upgrading its existing 3G network to support HSPA+, which is capable of delivering download/upload speeds that are significantly faster than T-Mobile's standard 3G network. With three times the speed capabilities of HSPA 7.2, HSPA+ offers theoretical peak throughput speeds of 21Mbps.
* T-Mobile recently became the first U.S. carrier to launch HSPA+ with a deployment in Philadelphia and is integrating HSPA+ into its 3G network now with broad national deployment planned for the end of 2010. In the coming months, we'll be lighting up HSPA+ in major cities on both coasts. Our network upgrade efforts are well underway and we'll share more details as the service becomes available to more customers.