mophie Announces juice pack air for Verizon
iPhone 4 rechargeable external battery case available for pre-order
SANTA ANA, Calif., Feb. 9, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- mophie™ today announced it is accepting pre-orders for a new juice pack air designed with dual compatibility for the Verizon and AT&T iPhone 4. The light-weight and ultra-thin external rechargeable battery case best known for virtually doubling the battery life of the iPhone on one charge is also widely recognized for its fresh design and first-class components. Honored at this year's CES with an Innovations Design and Engineering Award in the portable power category, the juice pack air is a must-have power solution for Verizon and AT&T iPhone 4 owner's alike.
The dual compatible juice pack air can be pre-ordered on www.mophie.com for $79.95 with an expected ship date of Monday, February 28. The juice pack air for Verizon and AT&T is being sold in soft-touch black with a brushed silver band, with soft-touch red and glossy white versions expected in late March.
"The addition of the Verizon iPhone is exciting because it opens up a huge market that is untapped," says Susan Schedel, mophie's vice president of sales and marketing. "mophie's passion is creating power solutions that give Apple fans an enhanced user experience and solve the battery challenge that on the go users face every day. We are excited to announce a solution that is compatible with both Verizon and AT&T iPhones and for a new audience of Verizon customers to experience the benefits of the juice pack air."
Key features and benefits of the juice pack air for the Verizon and AT&T iPhone 4 include:
* juice pack Legacy–With more than one million juice pack units sold to-date, mophie cases have been made for every iPhone and iPod touch form factor since the devices' debut and was the first-ever "Works with iPhone" battery case
* The Ultimate Power Solution– Packing a 1500mAh rechargeable lithium polymer battery, the juice pack air delivers an incredible amount of "juice" in an ultra-thin, light weight case, virtually doubling the battery life of the iPhone 4 on one charge
* Protection with Style – Delivers complete device protection from bangs, bumps and drops without sacrificing style! Sleek, ergonomic design features a soft-touch rubberized finish in black with a brushed silver band that mirrors the aesthetic of the iPhone 4 itself
* Acoustic Sound Enhancement – The case design acts as a virtual speaker box, redirecting sound from the bottom of the iPhone 4 to the front, resulting in a richer, fuller sound quality
* 4 Light LED Battery Status Indicator – An integrated LED status indicator tells you exactly how much "juice" is left and also displays how much time remains during the charging process
* Standby/Charging Switch – Features a simple toggle switch allows for standby and charging mode so you only have to use the juice pack air battery when you need it
* Charge and Sync Feature – No need to remove your juice pack ever, as this well thought out device allows customers to charge and sync with the iPhone in the juice pack
For additional information regarding the mophie suite of power solutions for the iPhone, iPad and iPod touch, please visit www.mophie.com.
mophie is a California-based, award-winning designer and manufacturer of mobile intelligent devices and accessories. It is widely recognized and highly acclaimed for its creative designs and innovative solutions. mophie is the proud developer of the juice pack, the first "Works With iPhone" portable battery solution certified by Apple Inc. All of mophie's products are developed to address real consumer and business needs and are seamless integrations of industrial, electronic, software and artistic designs. Its products are available in Apple stores, AT&T stores, Best Buy stores and on www.mophie.com and www.amazon.com. Follow mophie on Twitter at twitter.com/mophielovesyou or on Facebook at facebook.com/mophielovesyou
Mophie sneaks out new Juice Pack Air with Verizon and AT&T iPhone 4 compatibility
There's been no shortage of cases for Verizon's flavor of the iPhone 4 -- Ballistic, iLuv, iKit, AGF and Scosche have already announced ones of their own -- but if you're looking for a mainstay in the industry, you can now turn to Mophie. The company's life-doubling Juice Pack Air has been ever-so-slightly reengineered to work with both AT&T and Verizon iPhone 4 units, with initial shipments expected by the end of the month. At first it'll ship in black with silver accents, while soft-touch red and glossy white versions are scheduled for release shortly thereafter. Still $79.95, and still awfully hard to resist for 3G power users.
All products recommended by Engadget are selected by our editorial team, independent of our parent company. Some of our stories include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, we may earn an affiliate commission.