This week, we're just seeing some quick rolling restarts, though, starting at 5 a.m. PDT. While you wait for those to pass, why not catch up on the latest news? We have updates on the last few changes to go up on the patch 4.2 PTR, as well a look at what the developers are saying over on the official forums. Read on for all this and more.
Hot news and features
- You won't be able to keep any JP over the cap in the patch 4.2 VP to JP conversion, says Blizzard. The extra JP will become gold. Conquest to Honor points conversions will have a similar mechanic.
- Check out the patch 4.2 PTR updates for June 10.
- Ask the Devs 9 is out, with answers to your tank questions.
- Lead quest designer David "Fargo" Kosak recently said a few words on casual content for level 85.
- Feral cat druids get a fire cat form in patch 4.2.
- The latest patch 4.2 update has added 2 more unique beasts for hunters to tame.
- Patch 4.2 has some new vanity items.
- WoW Archivist remembers patch 1.3, when Dire Maul revolutionized the game.
- WoW's making some competitors play their cards close to the vest.
- The official tier 12 armor previews have been updated to add warriors and druids.
- WoW's getting building blocks!
- Totem Talk has more advice for the Cataclysm raiding restoration shaman, an elemental shaman gear guide, and a patch 4.2 enhancement shopping list. Rossi also has a few words to say on enhancement itemization.
- The Light And How To Swing It discusses the new patch 4.2 stacking holy paladin mastery.
- Encrypted Text offers a guide to applying to raid guilds as a rogue.
- Scattered Shots has some ideas for improving the beastmastery tree.
- The Care And Feeding of Warriors continues a guide on Cataclysm rage mechanics.
- Tyler Caraway has the outside scoop on death knights.
- Raid Rx talks healer prep for Firelands.
- Spiritual Guidance tells you why your shadow priest DPS sucks and how you should spec for healing when your raid's on farm status.
- Arcane Brilliance has a state of the arcane mage address.
- The OverAchiever shows you what mounts you can get from holidays.
- Addon Spotlight shines a light on ThinkTank for newbie tanks.
- WoW Rookie discusses balancing life and WoW.
- Blood Sport discusses learning from your betters.
- Check out the latest installment of Safe Passage.
- Know Your Lore continues an inventory of the sources of magic. We also speculate about the fate of Sargeras and the next expansion.
- World of Warcrafts is rocking out to some awesome tunes.
- Rossi discusses the realities of change in WoW.
Know Your Lore helps you puzzle out your troll's timeline.
The news is already rolling out for the upcoming WoW Patch 4.2! Preview the new Firelands raid, marvel at the new legendary staff, and get the inside scoop on new quest hubs -- plus new Tier 12 armor!