- Images of the Samsung Admire for MetroPCS leaked. Also known as the SCH-R720, it may be the first device with Gingerbread on the prepaid carrier. It features a 3.5-inch HVGA display, 3G, 800MHz CPU, and 3.2 megapixel camera. [via UnwiredView]
- Rogers introduced the HTC EVO 3D and LG Optimus 3D to its lineup, to be available sometime this summer. (thx Luke)
- Speaking of Rogers, the Samsung Galaxy S Infuse 4G should be available on the Canadian carrier within the next few days, and will reportedly be yours for $150 with a three-year commitment. [via UnwiredView]
- Spy shots of an unannounced Samsung Android device with Verizon branding, and full QWERTY keyboard were dug up (see the above image). Specs include Android 2.3.4 onboard and built-in 4G LTE connectivity. (thx Fayez) [via AndroidCentral]
- The Nokia N900 was hacked, allowing you to boot up your choice of four operating systems: Maemo, Meego, NITDroid, and Kubuntu Mobile. [via LoveMyNokia]
- The LG Optimus 3D appears to be popping up everywhere; it's currently available on Three UK. [via AndroidCentral]
- A mystery device known as the HTC Hero 4G passed DLNA certification this week, causing speculation that this is the long-evasive and much-awaited HTC Kingdom. The phone's already passed through the FCC, which means we could see it show up on Sprint at any time. [via PhoneArena and PocketNow]
- The Motorola Defy+ is rumored to be a mild refresh of the Defy, a popular Android device that came out last year. The new version would get a few minor boosts in specs and come in HSPA bands compatible with AT&T. [via TIMN]
Mobile Miscellany: week of July 18, 2011
In this article: 3 uk, 3Uk, 4g, android, android 2.3, android 2.3.4, android gingerbread, Android2.3, Android2.3.4, AndroidGingerbread, att, bell, defy, dlna, hacked, hacks, hero, hero 4g, Hero4g, htc, htc hero 4g, htc kingdom, HtcHero4g, HtcKingdom, kingdom, kubuntu, leak, leaks, lg, lg optimus 3d, LgOptimus3d, lte, maemo, meego, metropcs, misc, miscellaneous, miscellany, mm, mobile, mobile miscellany, MobileMiscellany, motorola, motorola defy, motorola defy+, MotorolaDefy, MotorolaDefy+, mystery, n900, NITdroid, nokia, nokia n900, NokiaN900, optimus 3d, Optimus3d, quad boot, quad-boot, QuadBoot, qwerty, rogers, roundup, rumor, rumors, samsung, samsung admire, samsung r720, SamsungAdmire, SamsungR720, slider, sprint, t-mobile, telus, three, three uk, ThreeUk, verizon, verizon wireless, VerizonWireless, vzw, wimax
Engadget was owned by Verizon between June 2015 and September 2021. Engadget's parent company is now Yahoo Inc.
All products recommended by Engadget are selected by our editorial team, independent of our parent company. Some of our stories include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, we may earn an affiliate commission.