Latest in Amazon

Image credit:

Amazon sells over 2 million Kindle Singles in 14 months

Mat Smith, @thatmatsmith
March 13, 2012
Share
Tweet
Share

Sponsored Links

Amazon's individually-wrapped slices of literary goodness have managed to pull in a few fans since launching in January last year. The company has offered a rare glimpse at its retail figures, trumpeting two million individual sales for its Kindle Singles selection. While authors grab 70 percent of revenue from their middleweight literary missives, Amazon helps itself to the remaining 30 percent -- paidContent pegs Amazon's revenue from the Singles catalogue at around $1.12 million. Those wanting a gentle literary hit can now pick from around 165 existing titles, with some penned by big name writers like Stephen King and Dean Koontz. While their accountants probably aren't massively concerned with the royalty checks associated with these one-shots, you can still take a look at some income estimates at the source below.

All products recommended by Engadget are selected by our editorial team, independent of our parent company. Some of our stories include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Share
Tweet
Share

Popular on Engadget

T-Mobile’s TVision is a cable-cutting package for its mobile customers

T-Mobile’s TVision is a cable-cutting package for its mobile customers

View
This is Harley-Davidson's first electric bicycle

This is Harley-Davidson's first electric bicycle

View
Researchers 3D-printed a cell-sized tugboat

Researchers 3D-printed a cell-sized tugboat

View
PlayStation 5 first look: At home with Sony’s new console

PlayStation 5 first look: At home with Sony’s new console

View
AfterShokz OpenComm is a bone conduction headset for the Zoom generation

AfterShokz OpenComm is a bone conduction headset for the Zoom generation

View

From around the web

Page 1Page 1ear iconeye iconFill 23text filevr