Like the pandaren, jinyu, yaungol, and other rare spawns, no matter how slight one of these adversaries may look, you still want to approach them with caution. The hozen rare spawns possess several punishing abilities that make it a threat to anyone with lead feet. Likewise, this is not a boss you want to fight in close confines. These abilities are:
- Bananarang: The hozen throws a banana, which spins out in a line away from him, and then returns. If it connects, the target takes 45% of their maximum health as physical damage. Yee-ouch.
- Going Bananas: Flipping his lid, the hozen bounces around and does physical damage to anyone he lands on. No much you can do other than run around and attempt to evade any landings. Though, admittedly, this will be pretty easy if there's enough room for you move around.
- Toss Filth: Puts a debuff on the target, increasing damage taken by 11%. Can stack, and each stack lasts 30 seconds. Basically makes the fight a race against the clock.
Here is a list of each hozen rare spawn, where you can find them, and what special item they have a chance of dropping:
- Bonobos: Found in the Valley of the Four Winds, drops the Magic Banana
- Ik-Ik the Nimble: Found in the Dread Wastes, drops the Hozen Beachball
- Mister Ferocious: Found in the Jade Forest, drops the Ook-Breaker Mace
- Scritch: Found in Kun-Lai Highlands, drops the Hozen Peace Pipe
- Spriggin: Found in Krasarang Wilds, drops Spriggin's Sproggin' Leggin'
- The Yowler: Found in Townlong Steppes, drops the Big Bag of Food
Mists of Pandaria is here! The level cap has been raised to 90, many players have returned to Azeroth, and pet battles are taking the world by storm. Keep an eye out for all of the latest news, and check out our comprehensive guide to Mists of Pandaria for everything you'll ever need to know.