Just want to vote? Right this way!
Last Friday, we announced our semifinalist pics for Engadget's first-ever Insert Coin: New Challengers competition. We're incredibly excited about the projects we selected, but had a hard enough time whittling the list down to 10. That's where you come in. As far as we're concerned, they're all winners, but we've got presentation time at next month's Expand conference in San Francisco, and we need your help knocking the list down to five finalists. It's a diverse array of entrants, including seafaring drones, bipedal robots, 3D scanners, futuristic radiators and more.
Jump in after the break for links to posts about each of the candidates, and when you're done, please click here to vote on your favorite. Five winners will go on to present their projects at Expand in March, for a chance to win $25,000. You have until next Wednesday, February 27 at the same time (12:30pm PST / 3:30pm EST) to cast your vote!
1. cSpring: Bipedal Robo
2. Hodu: Physical therapy hardware / software combo
3. Moedls: 3D scanning for smartphones
4. Make a Play: High-tech puppet stage
5. Observos: Environmentally-aware computers
6. Radiator Labs: Personal radiator temperature controller
7. Smart Knob: Keyless door lock
8. smARTPulse: Hackable Bluetooth oximeter
9. Snapzoom: Superzooming for smartphone cameras
10. Ziphius: RC aquatic drone
Now don't forget to vote!
UPDATE: With your help we've identified an issue affecting a very small number of voters with special characters in their Facebook username. This issue was a display issue in which the system indicated the voter had chosen a different project -- however no incorrect votes were actually cast. A fix for this has been applied and if it affected you, please proceed to cast your vote normally now. Thank you!