NOW TV BOX BUNDLES NOW AVAILABLE IN STORES ACROSS THE UK
- Pick up a NOW TV BOX, bundled with either Sky Sports or Sky Movies content passes, in John Lewis, Currys PC World and Argos stores nationwide –
16 October 2013 - From today getting hold of a NOW TV Box has become even easier as the simple little box that transforms your TV into a smart TV is now available in Argos and Currys PC World stores across the country, with John Lewis to follow in the coming weeks.
For the first time, the NOW TV Box is bundled with content passes, with customers able to choose from either a Sky Sports Day Pass or 3 months Sky Movies Pass. These will be available in store and from NOW TV retail stands in shopping centres across the country.
From NOW TV retail stands, a NOW TV Box plus Sky Sports Day Pass will be £14.99, providing unlimited access to all six Sky Sports channels for 24 hours. And for just £24.99, shoppers can pick up NOW TV Box and a 3 month Sky Movies Pass to get more of the latest and biggest blockbuster movies, available at least 12 months before any other online movie subscription service.
The NOW TV Box comes with a wide range of apps, providing access to a whole host of entertainment on the main TV set, with even more to come by the end of the year with the addition of Channel 4's catch-up TV service, 4oD.
Through the NOW TV Box, customers can currently enjoy:
• Sky Sports: Experience the best sporting action from Sky Sports with the Sky Sports Day Pass through NOW TV. In the next few months, sports fans can enjoy the climax of the Formula 1® season, matches from the Barclays Premier League UEFA Champions League and Sky Bet Football League, Heineken Cup, ATP World Tour Tennis and much more, across 6 channels all for just £9.99 a day.
• Sky Movies: Sign up for a Sky Movies Pass with NOW TV to get unlimited access to over 800 movies from Disney classics to the latest blockbusters such as Argo, Silver Linings Playbook and Pitch Perfect. There is also up to 4 new premieres each week for just £8.99 a month.
• Sky News: Stay up-to-date with all the latest breaking news from Sky News. Access a 24/7 live feed of Sky News' award-winning coverage including all breaking news from home and abroad, as well as dedicated business, political and entertainment coverage. In addition, catch up on specific stories at any time of the day via an exclusive on demand news library.
• BBC iPlayer: The BBC's popular video on-demand service gives you the option to catch up on your favourite BBC programmes when you want to – and now on your TV set through the NOW TV Box.
• BBC News app: Giving viewers access to BBC news reports, interviews and videos at the touch of a button on their TV
• Demand 5: Catch-up on a wide selection of Channel 5 shows for at least 7 days after they first broadcast.
• Spotify, Facebook and flickr: Listen to music, catch up with friends and even share your photos all through your TV set.
A selection of Sky's entertainment channels and a range of other third-party entertainment channels will also be added to NOW TV before the end of the calendar year.
Gidon Katz, Director of NOW TV comments: 'The NOW TV Box lets customers instantly transform their regular TV into a Smart TV and these brand new bundles make it even easier for people to access great live sport and the biggest and best movies on their main TV. With Christmas just around the corner, we believe that the NOW TV Box will be this year's ultimate stocking filler.'
The NOW TV Box is also available on a standalone basis online via the NOW TV website priced at £9.99.
Customers can access NOW TV through PC, Mac, iPhone, iPad, selected Android smartphones, Xbox, PS3, YouView, LG Smart TVs, selected LG media devices and Roku, with the ability to register up to four devices to watch on the move as well as in the home.