WALMART TO GO: ONLINE GROCERY HOME
Test Overview – Denver
• Walmart has launched a test in Denver, Colorado that allows customers to order fresh, dry and frozen groceries online and have them delivered to their door.
• This builds on a test we launched last year of the Walmart To Go service that offers same-day home delivery of general merchandise in five cities, including Denver. And, it expands our test of online grocery, which already exists in the San Jose/San Francisco area.
• Grocery delivery is a closed beta available to Denver customers by invitation only on a first come, first served basis.
Customers can visit Walmart.com/togo to request an invite.
• Tens of thousands of items are eligible – from fresh produce, meat and seafood, dairy, bakery items, health and beauty products to electronics and toys. And, we anticipate expanding the assortment as our test progresses.
• We expect delivery prices to be similar to our San Jose/San Francisco grocery test, in the $5 to $10 range. And, we will have a number of introductory offers for our Denver test participants, such as some free delivery options.
• Customers select 2-hour delivery slots, and same-day delivery is available for orders placed by 8 a.m. MT.
• Since launching the same-day home delivery test for general merchandise last year, we have seen customers using a combination of both same day and next day delivery options, and we've seen thousands of orders. We're excited to
expand and offer a closed beta for groceries in Denver.
How It Works – Denver
• In order to be part of the test, customers visit Walmart.com/togo and enter their email address. Customers who are eligible for the test will receive an email invitation, and will be prompted to sign in or create their Walmart To Go account.
• Customers can then browse the "Walmart To Go" assortment online. Eligible items will carry the same prices as local Walmart stores.
• Customers select 2-hour slots for delivery.
• Orders are fulfilled by local Walmart Supercenters and delivered via Walmart To Go trucks.
• Customers who are not part of the initial test group will be notified by email when they become eligible.
Key Customer Benefits
• "Walmart To Go" offers customers in Denver the chance to save in a number of ways:
• Every Day Low Prices online and in-stores – "Walmart To Go" online groceries will carry the same prices as the Walmart stores located in Denver, Colorado.
• Frozen items stay frozen while meat, produce and dairy items are refrigerated – Orders are delivered in specially-built Walmart To Go trucks equipped with separate frozen, refrigerated and ambient compartments.
• Save on delivery fees – Low delivery fees and introductory offers for our Denver test participants, such as some free delivery options.
• Walmart's lowest price – If prices in store decrease between the time an order is placed and when it's delivered, customers will pay the lower amount on the day of delivery.
• Customers can return items to any Walmart store, at the time of delivery or call 1-800-924-9206 to schedule a Walmart driver to retrieve the item. More information is available at www.walmart.com/togo.