Ever wondered if using a bonus roll on a particular boss would actually grant you another chance at a mount or pet? Item and Rewards Designer Owen Landgren took to Twitter to clarify where bonus rolls do and do not work for specific items.
- Bonus rolls do not work for Garrosh heirloom weapons. These only have a random chance to drop into your bags on each kill in flex, normal, or heroic.
- Sha of Anger, Galleon, Nalak, and Oondasta mounts can be obtained with a bonus roll.
- Raid mounts, such as the Reins of the Astral Cloud Serpent, cannot be obtained with a bonus roll.
- Kor'kron Shaman's Treasure (shaman transmog gear) cannot be won with a bonus roll.
- Battle pets which drop from Siege of Orgrimmar bosses can be won with a bonus roll and they do not affect your chance at getting regular loot (winning a pet will not replace potential loot you could have won). However, the Quivering Blob from Throne of Thunder can only be won with a bonus roll on LFR difficulty and not on normal or heroic.