To coin Sony's term, Squids Odyssey is the first 3DS and Wii U "cross-buy" game, but it's only supported by Nintendo of Europe. Over in Europe, customers who buy the underwater RPG on 3DS can download the previously released Wii U version for free, as long as their Nintendo Network ID is linked across the two systems.
However, Siliconera confirmed the promotion isn't coming to North America. We wonder if there's an element of testing the waters going on, but we'll have to wait and see.
That's all very interesting, as is 3D rolling platformer Armillo (pictured above, check out its trailer below the break) and the excellent Guacamelee, both of which are now on Wii U. Yet our eyes are inexorably drawn to Bombing Bastards. Not because of the game, which has an undeniably familiar whiff about it, but the name itself, which Nintendo is apparently cool with. Remember when Stealth Bastard Deluxe became Stealth Inc on Sony platforms? Looks like Nintendo doesn't care so much, which is not the way round we pictured that.
As ever, you'll find all the new eShop releases below the break. Sales-wise, Kung Fu Rabbit is half-price at $2.49 until July 10, while Just Dance 2014 is permanently down to $40. Also, you can visit the weird and wacky world of 3DS sim Tomodachi Life through a new demo.
- Guacamelee: STCE (DrinkBox Studios, 2 players simultaneous, $15)
- Armillo (Fuzzy Wuzzy Games, 1 player, $6)
- Mario Tennis: Power Tour (Nintendo, 1 player, $7)
- Bombing Bastards (Sanuk Games, up to 5 players, $7)
- Internal Invasion (Bear Box Media, 1 player, $4.49)
- Poker Dice Solitaire (Rcmadiax, 1 player, $2)
- ZaciSa's Last Stand (Zenfa Productions, up to 5 players, $3)
- Karaoke Joysound (Brother International Corp, up to 8 players, $5)
- Squids Odyssey (The Game Bakers, 1 player, $15)
- Biker Rider DX2: Galaxy (Spicysoft Corporation, 1 player, $3)
- City Mysteries (Selectsoft, 1 player, $5)
- Glory of Generals (Circle Ent. 1 player, $10)
- Mysterious Stars: A Fairy Tale (Collavier Corporation, 1 player, $5)
[Image: Fuzzy Wuzzy Games]