Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare is the last UK No. 1 of 2014, which isn't too surprising since this week's charts are nearly identical to last week's. You can check out that almost static top 10 below the break (along with the sometimes underwhelming but always customary music video). Meanwhile above the break, we're going to look back on a year of UK charts through the hallowed medium of statistics. And so:
Joystiq's Somewhat Scatterbrained UK Charts Statistics of 2014
- 20 different games topped the charts in 2014 across 52 weeks
- 5 of those were re-releases, with 7 weeks worth of No. 1s between them
- Surprise surprise, FIFA 15 scored the longest run of consecutive No. 1s in 2014 (6)
- Between them, FIFA 14 and FIFA 15 held the top spot for a total of 15 weeks
- Add in Advanced Warfare and Titanfall, and that total goes up to 25 weeks
- The Amazing Spider-Man 2 was Joystiq's lowest-rated game to earn a UK No. 1 (2 stars)
- Grand Theft Auto 5 became the UK's all-time bestseller when it hit PS4 and Xbox One.
- No. of times we've badly shopped Chelsea footballer Eden Hazard a la FIFA 15 into images of other games: 3, including this week.