Is that cross fit regimen working? Perhaps that batting cage practice is paying off or you're lofting those dunks better than ever. Capturing the action on video will tell part of the story, but adding stats or instant slow-mo edits can add a whole new dimension. Blast Motion is a 3D motion capture sensor that works alongside video to help analyze performance by tracing factors like vertical height, rotation, acceleration and more through a variety of custom apps depending on your sport. It plays well with iOS, so the company provided us with one of Apple's iPad mini 3 slates along with Blast Motion's Athletic Performance package so one lucky Engadget reader can start getting their stunts on film. Metrics from all your jump shots, swings, leaps and flips are ready to view in chart form to help trace your progress over time and if you're particularly impressed with yourself, it's easy to share your exploits through social media. In order to take Blast Motion's sensor and a new iPad mini 3 for a spin, all you need to do head down to the Rafflecopter widget below for up to three chances at winning.
Winner: congratulations to Chris C. of Torrance, CA.a Rafflecopter giveaway
- Entries are handled through the Rafflecopter widget above. Comments are no longer accepted as valid methods of entry. You may enter without any obligation to social media accounts, though we may offer them as opportunities for extra entries. Your email address is required so we can get in touch with you if you win, but it will not be given to third parties.
- Contest is open to all residents of the 50 States, the District of Columbia, and Canada (excluding Quebec), 18 or older! Sorry, we don't make this rule (we hate excluding anyone), so direct your anger at our lawyers and contest laws if you have to be mad.
- Winners will be chosen randomly. One (1) winner will receive one (1) Apple iPad mini 3 (MGNV2LL/A, 16GB, Silver) and one (1) Blast Motion Athletic Performance Pack.
- If you are chosen, you will be notified by email. Winners must respond within three days of being contacted. If you do not respond within that period, another winner will be chosen. Make sure that the account you use to enter the contest includes your real name and a contact email or Facebook login. We do not track any of this information for marketing or third-party purposes.
- This unit is purely for promotional giveaway. Engadget and AOL are not held liable to honor warranties, exchanges or customer service.
- The full list of rules, in all its legalese glory, can be found here.
- Entries can be submitted until June 10th at 11:59PM ET. Good luck!