Apple iPhone 7
Apple broke with its tradition by keeping the 6/6s design for another year, opting instead to improve fundamental parts of the user experience. The iPhone 7 has a better battery than before, a more color-rich screen, a vastly improved camera and plenty of horsepower thanks to its new A10 Fusion chipset. If you're looking for newfangled features (or a headphone jack, for that matter), you'll have to search elsewhere. While it's not thrilling enough to warrant an immediate upgrade from last year's 6s, the iPhone 7 is nonetheless an excellent smartphone.
- Top-tier performance
- Great 12-megapixel camera
- Improved battery
- It's water-resistant!
- No headphone jack
- Same design, three years running
- New home button takes getting used to
- Critic Reviews (10)
- User Reviews (1)
- 87AVERAGE CRITIC SCORE10 ReviewsNew York Times90IPhone 7 Review: Though Not Perfect, New iPhones KThe bottom line: Those who have been waiting years to buy a new phone are in store for a major upgrade with the iPhone 7.CNET90Apple iPhone 7 review: Everything you need in a phThe iPhone 7's notable camera, battery and water resistance improvements are a worthwhile upgrades to a familiar phone design, but ask yourself if you really need an upgrade...and if the Plus might be a better choice.TechCrunch90Apple tees up the future with iPhone 7The iPhone 7 and 7 Plus are the best iPhones ever. And they are probably the best portable cameras ever made. ... But, they don’t have a headphone jack, and that is going to trip some people up.Wired90Review: Apple iPhone 7 and 7 PlusThe iPhone 7 might not be a revolution, but it might be the catalyst for lots of them. Your phone will be better in a few months, and even better a few months after that. And wouldn’t that be exciting?Pocket-Lint100Apple iPhone 7 review: Refining the design ratherThe iPhone 7 is the company's best iPhone yet. It's just that the best is only slighter better than what we've already had for the past year.ABC News80Review: The iPhone 7 Is Just Fine, Even If It DoesIf you're a proud owner of the iPhone 6S or its plus-sized cousin, you probably don't need to rush out for the 7. But the 7 includes enough cumulative iPhone improvements from the past two years to tempt anyone still clinging to an older model.Time80iPhone 7 Review: Appleâ€™s Best iPhone Ever, But JIt doesn’t “wow” like so many Apple products have. But then again, maybe it doesn’t need to. It’s not a huge upgrade, but it helps Apple’s smartphone remain one of the best around.TechRadar80iPhone 7 reviewIf you're going to buy a new iPhone, this is the one to get – there's slightly longer battery life, a better camera, fast innards and protection against water. However, many of the changes are slight, and the iPhone 6S, for the lower price, suddenly becomes a very attractive option.The Verge90iPhone 7 ReviewUnless you’re ... ready to live the early adopter life, you won’t actually be missing out on much if you don’t get an iPhone 7. This is an iPhone that lays a marker in tech history, and it will serve as the foundation for many important changes to how phones work and integrate into our lives.Expert Reviews80iPhone 7 review: Apple misses the markThe iPhone 7 is definitely the best iPhone you can buy today. With its increased battery life, superior speed and better-looking display, the iPhone 7 offers a decent bump over the iPhone 6S, and a significant improvement over the now rather elderly iPhone 6.
- 70AVERAGE USER SCORE1 ReviewsEngadget Reader70May 3, 2017Feedback submitted!Unable to submit feedback!A dependable product that doesn't really stand out from the competition. - Engadget