Xbox One Elite controller review: A better gamepad at a steep price
The Elite controller is the best Xbox gamepad Microsoft has ever made, but it doesn't come cheap. At $150, your best bet is waiting for a price drop or a bundle deal unless you're dead-set on getting a leg up against folks online.
- Feels great in-hand; very grippy finish throughout
- Loads of customization options
- Mature, understated design
- Improves on the standard Xbox One gamepad in every way
- Bumper buttons are finally, actually usable
- Levers and faceted d-pad don't feel secure
- Feels heavy at first
- Clamshell case doesn't keep everything in place
- Customization options could be overwhelming for some
The Xbox One Elite controller is worth the hefty $150 price tag, at least in my own opinion. Would we like it to come in at less than $150? Of course. But for a controller so advanced, it’s a price worth paying.