Thanks to new software, more compact hardware and an excellent pack-in controller, the Xbox One S feels like a worthy successor to the older Xbox 360. If you already have an Xbox One, however, there's little reason to upgrade unless you're also planning on buying a 4K TV (or already own one).
- The only game console with a UHD Blu-ray drive for 4K movie playback
- Refined design
- Very quiet and very small
- Excellent pack-in gamepad
- 4K streaming apps and 4K Blu-ray playback don't work out of the box
- HDR video for gaming won't be available until this fall
- No reason to buy unless you own a 4K TV