Xbox 360 Fanboy is hiring a new blogger. That's right, your years of obsessive video gaming are about to pay off. Your mother said it would never help you in life. Your friends scoffed at your nerdy hobby. But now all that will change, because you will become a blogger. Not just any blogger either. An Xbox 360 blogger. Truly the most highly evolved and sexy form of journalism, 360 blogging is where it's at.
If you think you has what it takes, check out the requirements after the break.
We're looking for:
- Demonstrated passion for games
- Solid writing ability
- Ability to write under deadline
- Possess a fast computer (a laptop is supergreat) and a fast, reliable Internet connection
- Have the software and knowledge to create and manipulate photos and screenshots
- Know (basic) blogger's HTML
- Are eligible to work, wherever you're writing from
- Are reachable (cell, multiple IM services, Skype, etc)
Here's how to apply. Send joystiq.applications+360JUL06@gmail.com an email including:
- A subject line including "360 Fanboy App" and your full name
- Your city and state
- Your email address
- Your daytime and evening phone numbers (Skype or Gizmo Project are fine)
- Your AOL IM and/or Yahoo IM addresses (and your Gamertag if you want)
- The consoles you currently own
- A cover letter telling us why you're the right blogger for the job (include writing experience, etc.)
- A "sample" review of no more than 700 words on any 360 game
- Two more writing samples of yours on the topic of games and in the style of a typical 360Fanboy post
- Three links to posts on 360Fanboy that you feel best exemplify the sort of content we want here
- Three suggestions for how to improve 360Fanboy ("More posts" is not a suggestion)
- Your nomination for the best game of 2005 (not necessarily 360), and why you chose that game.
Get writing and good luck!