What do you call the day before Thanksgiving? It's usually just Wednesday, but Verizon wants November 26th this year to be known as a pseudo-holiday called "Connection Day." Yup, it is gimmicky, but at least we're getting free stuff out of it -- and who doesn't like free stuff, are we right? On November 26th, you can go to the official Connection Day page using a mobile device and grab a freebie, regardless of your carrier. These include free apps from Amazon, Audible downloads, access to movies and TV shows through Verizon FiOS Preview app, Conde Nast magazines, a Pandora trial period, airport and in-flight WiFi access, as well as an iTunes special offer (we've posted the detailed list after the break).
Of course, some Verizon customers are getting something extra. More Everything subscribers who register on the Connection Day website will immediately get 1GB of shareable data added to their accounts, plus another 1GB for the next billing cycle. As for everyone else on Verizon, weeellll... they can, at least, grab a mophie powerstation 4000 at a discount.Here is the complete list of freebies you'll see on the Connected Day website. If you visit today or anytime earlier than the 26th, you'll get a reminder later on to claim one.
- Verizon FiOS: Special mobile access to popular movies and TV shows on November 26, compliments of Verizon FiOS, by downloading the free FiOS Preview app.
- Amazon: Selection of 10 free/discounted apps, plus two free Audible book downloads (new members) or $10 Audible credit (current members)
- Apple: A special offer from iTunes to be revealed on Nov. 26
- Condé Nast: Free Digital Edition downloads of 17 Conde Nast Publications, including Wired, Vanity Fair and GQ.
- Free Wi-Fi: 30-minute complimentary Internet sessions through Boingo Wireless (at airports) and Gogo Technologies (in-flight).
- JetBlue: Free in-flight Fly-Fi (Wi-Fi) for flights between November 26th and December 24th.
- Pandora Media: Free seven-day trial of Pandora One.
[Image credit: threephin/Flickr]