The Cloud doesn't have to be a nebulous space in the stratosphere, you can have one in your own home. Sure, there's usually a steep initial price tag and configuration learning curve for most people, but Synology's BeyondCloud lineup helps bypass that. Hosting your own network-attached storage (NAS) is now more approachable and affordable with the BeyondCloud's pre-packaged and -configured drives. You'll have secure access to your files from anywhere with a data connection, so you can store, stream and share your digital stuff without having to pay Cloud storage fees again. Sizes range from single-bay 2TB models to two-bays of 3TB mirrored drives with RAID protection in case one ever fails. And that's what's on the giveaway floor today: one Synology BeyondCloud Mirror (BC214se 2300) will go to a lucky Engadget this week, so they can take control of all their data. Just head on down to the Rafflecopter widget for up to three chances at winning this next generation of streamlined NAS systems from Synology.
Winner: congratulations Eddie D. of Minneapolis, MN.a Rafflecopter giveaway
- Entries are handled through the Rafflecopter widget above. Comments are no longer accepted as valid methods of entry. You may enter without any obligation to social media accounts, though we may offer them as opportunities for extra entries. Your email address is required so we can get in touch with you if you win, but it will not be given to third parties.
- Contest is open to all residents of the 50 States, the District of Columbia, and Canada (excluding Quebec), 18 or older! Sorry, we don't make this rule (we hate excluding anyone), so direct your anger at our lawyers and contest laws if you have to be mad.
- Winners will be chosen randomly. One (1) winner will receive one (1) Synology Beyond Cloud Mirror (BC214se 2300).
- If you are chosen, you will be notified by email. Winners must respond within three days of being contacted. If you do not respond within that period, another winner will be chosen. Make sure that the account you use to enter the contest includes your real name and a contact email or Facebook login. We do not track any of this information for marketing or third-party purposes.
- This unit is purely for promotional giveaway. Engadget and AOL are not held liable to honor warranties, exchanges or customer service.
- The full list of rules, in all its legalese glory, can be found here.
- Entries can be submitted until May 22nd at 11:59PM ET. Good luck!