Where to begin? Would you like to make your own PiRate radio station or Pi Microwave? Does a techno upgrade to your Fisher Price Chatter Telephone sound like fun? You can do all this and more with a credit-card-sized Raspberry Pi 2 Model B at the heart of your project. Element14 has been supporting the professional and hobbyist electronics community for years by hosting online groups and supplying some of the requisite gear. It's shipped a few million of the Raspberry Pi since its 2012 release and to celebrate the second iteration, the company gave us a hefty starter kit -- Ben Heck can't have all the fun. This time around, the Pi is six times faster, has double the memory capacity and if you've already been hacking away with an earlier version, don't fret, its backwards compatible, too. There's a host of partner products from sensors to NFC to WiFi modules available from Element14 and this week's giveaway includes 15 of those alongside the new Raspberry Pi 2 Model B for one lucky Engadget reader. You know the drill, just head down to the Rafflecopter widget for up to three chances at winning.
Winner: congratulations to Scot S. of Fuquay Varina, NC.a Rafflecopter giveaway
- Entries are handled through the Rafflecopter widget above. Comments are no longer accepted as valid methods of entry. You may enter without any obligation to social media accounts, though we may offer them as opportunities for extra entries. Your email address is required so we can get in touch with you if you win, but it will not be given to third parties.
- Contest is open to all residents of the 50 States, the District of Columbia, and Canada (excluding Quebec), 18 or older! Sorry, we don't make this rule (we hate excluding anyone), so direct your anger at our lawyers and contest laws if you have to be mad.
- Winners will be chosen randomly. One (1) winner will receive one (1) Raspberry Pi 2 kit including: The Raspberry Pi 2 Model B, WIPI - wireless connectivity drive, Gertbot - motor/power control add-on for RPi, Pi View - HDMI to VGA adapter, Explore NFC - NFC add-on board, Pi Rack - circuit rack, PiFace Digital 2 - digital I/O expansion board, PiFace Control & Display - alphanumeric display board, Pi Camera Board - add-on camera, Pi Noir Camera Board - night vision add-on camera, Cirrus Logic Audio Card - for capturing audio alongside camera, PiFace Relay Extra - control LEDs and switches with RPi, PiFace Motor Control Extra - control motors with RPi, Bitscope Micro - diagnostic tool for RPi projects, Memory Card - 8 GB NOOBS card, Power Supply.
- If you are chosen, you will be notified by email. Winners must respond within three days of being contacted. If you do not respond within that period, another winner will be chosen. Make sure that the account you use to enter the contest includes your real name and a contact email or Facebook login. We do not track any of this information for marketing or third-party purposes.
- This unit is purely for promotional giveaway. Engadget and AOL are not held liable to honor warranties, exchanges or customer service.
- The full list of rules, in all its legalese glory, can be found here.
- Entries can be submitted until June 3rd at 11:59PM ET. Good luck!