As major corporations continue to succumb to hacks and the government's prying eyes are still relatively unchecked, it's always a good idea to bulk up your personal security. Bitdefender has been in the business of just that for years and now its new Mobile Security and Antivirus is available to secure your mobile Android devices. The app stays lean by using in-the-cloud antivirus services which are continually updated. On your device, it offers malware scanning, device tracking in the case of possible theft, App Lock to secure individual apps with a pin and Privacy Advisor to help keep your private data safe from snooping apps. There's even Android Wear integration to alert you if you step too far away from your smartphone. If you enter this week, that handset could be a new Samsung Galaxy Note 5 (32GB, Black Sapphire), along with a year's subscription to Bitdefender's service. Just head down to the Rafflecopter widget below for up to three chances at winning this security app and Android smartphone package.
Winner: Congratulations to Vincent T. of Los Angeles, CA!a Rafflecopter giveaway
- Entries are handled through the Rafflecopter widget above. Comments are no longer accepted as valid methods of entry. You may enter without any obligation to social media accounts, though we may offer them as opportunities for extra entries. Your email address is required so we can get in touch with you if you win, but it will not be given to third parties.
- Contest is open to all residents of the 50 States, the District of Columbia, and Canada (excluding Quebec), 18 or older! Sorry, we don't make this rule (we hate excluding anyone), so direct your anger at our lawyers and contest laws if you have to be mad.
- Winners will be chosen randomly. One (1) winner will receive one (1) Samsung Galaxy Note 5 (32GB, Unlocked international version, black sapphire) and a one year subscription to Bitfender Mobile Security & Antivirus software.
- If you are chosen, you will be notified by email. Winners must respond within three days of being contacted. If you do not respond within that period, another winner will be chosen. Make sure that the account you use to enter the contest includes your real name and a contact email or Facebook login. We do not track any of this information for marketing or third-party purposes.
- This unit is purely for promotional giveaway. Engadget and AOL are not held liable to honor warranties, exchanges or customer service.
- The full list of rules, in all its legalese glory, can be found here.
- Entries can be submitted until October 21st at 11:59PM ET. Good luck!